1

MEGUMI HATED THE ZEN'INS

after all, they were just a bunch of misogynistic pieces of shi—

"mm...me...goomi!!"

"ah, ami. you're awake now?", megumi rhetorically asked, picking up the nine month-old toddler, as the youngest fushiguro just hummed.

     fushiguro ayami was the last gift that their mother had given their father before passing away. she inherited her father's straight black hair and her mother's deep blue eyes — the opposite of her older brother.

     ah, and did I mention that she can read minds? not that she understands what anybody is saying yet, but she could grasp some words and such.

     "are you hungry? do you want to go out?", the ten year-old asked.

     "ooo...out!!", ayami decided, as megumi slightly opened the shōji that led to the zen'in clan's backyard.

     ever since their mother's death, tōji's motivation to do anything has dropped severely — believing that he had no purpose to live anymore.

     however, after a long night of pondering on the bridge that he had met his wife at, the man had decided to take his two kids to the zen'in household, where he's not welcomed.

     in hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea to leave them there, but he had nowhere else to take them. they were ejected out of their house since tōji had lost his job, and therefore couldn't pay rent.

     the zen'in household would at least provide them with a roof above their heads and food on the table.

     while he was out all day doing who knows what, he did occasionally come back at night to secretly visit his two kids.

     "make sure you stay by my side, okay? everybody hates us here", megumi bitterly grumbled, as he carried his sister out to get some fresh air.

     the fushiguros resided in the very back of the zen'in estate, where they were out of sight and out of mind. even the servants barely visited that area.

     "noooo", ayami cooed, as she squished her face against her brother's.

     it was as if she was telling him that he was very much loved by her.

     "I love you too, ami. anyways, look, it's a butterfly", megumi pointed, to which ayami had lifted her head to look up.

"oohhh!"

"and these are the same lilies that we saw yesterday..."

"yum~"

"hah? are you hungry again?", megumi questioned, bringing the nine month-old back into their shared room, as he told her to stay there.