01

════ ⋆★⋆ ════𝓟𝓔𝓡𝓕𝓔𝓒𝓣════ ⋆★⋆ ════

irl, messages

~★~

"Lony! Do you have your last box?!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm working on it!" I yelled.

She's running around the house frantically trying to get my five year old sister ready for school. Annalise ran up to my room giving me a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you!" she yelled while squeezing me tighter.

"Hey, I'm only a few hours away from home, You can always call and ask mom for a visit." I place my sister down on the ground and kneel next to her. "Hey while I am gone you gotta help mom with some stuff, so go help her out. Dad's not been here recently because of work, so you gotta be a big girl," She nodded her head and skipped down my stairs.

I picked up the large box of stuffed animals and blankets and carried them to our overpacked white van. I placed the box in the back seat and shut the door, then looked over the car's roof and saw my mother trying to fit in another box. I walked over to her and helped her by lifting a box of books so she could maneuver the other box into the car some way.

"Honey, I don't think we will be able to move all of your stuff in our van," my mom said.

"I can tell, do you think dad could bring my guitar up when he comes down later?" I asked.

"I'll text him right now," she continued wiping her brow, as she picked up her phone. She called my dad, while I walked into my bedroom for the last time. I looked around. My yellow walls looked empty without all of my pictures from last summer. My bed, now made with plain white sheets and a simple comforter, was stripped of my black and white grid blanket, and my white  sheets with daisies on them. My desk was empty without any of my journals inside. They were probably thrown in the trash by now.

I mean I hadn't used them in a while, so why would I keep them? My closet was empty, it looked lonely, it used to be filled with clothes, shoes, and hats.

"Are we ready to go?" Mom yelled.

"I'm coming right down now!" I replied, turning away from my childhood bedroom and shutting the door, possibly for the last time. I made my way down the stairs into the kitchen where my mom was waiting. She had Annalise at one of the bar stools eating a piece of toast.

"Honey you should eat something before we leave,"

"I'm not hungry," I said, leaving a frown on my mothers face.

"You don't want any of the muffins I made this morning? I made them just for you,"

"Why didn't you tell me that you made muffins?" I said with a playful eyeroll. My mother then smiled as I picked up a muffin from the stove and put it in a Tupperware container. That frown was back.