Chapter 11

The sun was what woke Peter. The light shown on him and he sat up. Pepper was sitting on a rock watching it rise. He joined her. "I don't see this enough" he said.

"It's different than the one in London" she said.

"How?" he asked confused.

"No buildings, no morning fog. Just clear, clean water." She said looking at the sun rise and how it brightens the sky.

They grabbed some fruit from the trees and walked over to the lagoon. Tink was still asleep in Peter's pocket.

"Girls!" Peter called from the rocks. Pepper watched as the mermaids with long hair swam up from the deep water.

"Peter!" the blonde one said cheerfully.

"Good morning Peter!" a mermaid with a crystal blue tail said.

"Why is that girl still with you?" a mermaid with brown hair said rather rudely.

"We are trying to find the history of the island, the fairy queen told us we need to remember" Peter said sweetly. "Would any of you girls know how we can remember?"

"I'm pretty sure their brains are a little too water logged for them to know" Pepper muttered.

"Lady Shell may know" a mermaid with blazing red hair said batting her eyes at Peter.

"Can we speak with her?" Peter asked. The mermaid laughed in high little voices.

"Lady Shell will speak to anyone willing to listen" one of them said.

"Can she meet with us here?" Peter asked.

"Lady Shell speaks through sea shells" two of them giggled.

"What?" Pepper said.

"Oh!" Peter said flying over to the sand and picking up a shell. He flew back to Pepper's side. He put the shell to his ear but retched it back. "I hear nothing"

"Let me try?" Pepper asked. Peter handed her the shell and Pepper held it to her ear. She heard the ocean waves and a small voice.

"Lagoon water," It said "clears the memory"

"Is that so?" Pepper said.

"Did you hear something?" Peter asked.

"Lagoon water clears the memory" Pepper repeated.

"So?" Peter said.

"Let's join them for a swim" she said jumping in the water.

"Ok" Peter said following her. They swam around for a while. The mermaids swam with Peter and Pepper stayed away just in case the mermaids tried to drown her. "Wait!" Peter said.

"Did you remember something?" a mermaid asked.

"It's in the tree house!" Peter said jumping out of the water.

"Really!" Pepper said jumping out too. The two of them hovered over the water for a moment. "That wasn't long, I guess if you lived in this water your mind would be really clear" Pepper said referring to the 'air' headed mermaids.

"Goodbye girls, thank you for your help" Peter said to the mermaids.

"You're welcome" they said in cheering voices.

Peter led Pepper to his hideout.