09

|| TEARS ||
CHAPTER 09

Nova was in her dorm, which wasn't shared with anyone, as she huffed loudly

She crossed her arms over her chest and thought about her best friend's words.
Why wouldn't she be allowed to meet or date boys? Or girls for that matter.
She has her own will and can control everything she does.
On the other hand she would do anything to make Mattheo happy, without any doubt.

A knock pulled her out of her thoughts and she pursed her lips, knowing who it was.

"Nov.", came from the other side of the door and she frowned.
"Please can I come in?"

After not receiving an answer, the Riddle sighed loudly.
He knew he shouldn't have said that harshly, but he did anyways.
"Nova, darling , can I come in? Please?"

"Come in.", he heard her voice and entered it without hesitating.

He saw her sitting on her bed with crossed arms and a pout on her bed.
A frown made its way on his face as he took steps towards her.
Mattheo sat down next to her and for minutes it was silent.

"I am so sorry.", he whispered and than put his hand on hers,"I know you have no reason to forgive me or to not be mad at me. You have every reason to not talk to me, but I—I—. Please talk to me Nov."

The girl turned to the boy and frowned at the sadness in his eyes.
Merlin, she hated it.
She hated it when he looked so sad.

"What's the matter Theo? I mean every girl goes on dates or finds boys attractive. It's bloody normal and I feel like I can't be that. I can't experience my first dates, crushes or even kisses, because of you. I can't walk around whenever or wherever I want, because of you. I can't even fucking talk to anyone, because of you.", she explained and then added,"I don't feel normal, because of you. 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

After hearing her words, Mattheo felt so much guilt inside of him.
And if he was honest, he felt like crying.
He rarely felt like crying, but her saying all these things, made him want to bawl his eyes out.
The brunette boy swallowed down the lump in his throat and looked into her eyes, the eyes he loved so dearly.
He saw her eyes getting glazed over and so did his, so he looked on the floor.

It wasn't a secret that the young Riddle was rather emotionless and cold, at least towards the most.
Nevertheless he was rather emotional when it involved Nova.
He was sensitive around her, taking all her words to heart, because after all, she was all he has.
So whenever he made her sad, he wanted to cry.
He couldn't even make the person he loves happy.
'𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯.', he thought and closed his burning eyes.
Mattheo leaned forwards, his arms on his knees as he put his face in his hands.

After some seconds he felt weight on his shoulder and an arm wrapped around his side.
He heard her sigh sadly and literally wanted to cry even more.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that, Theo. I am sorry.", she said quietly and felt so guilty for these words.

Mattheo sniffled and then answered,"You didn't do anything, Nov. I am sorry though. I am sorry for taking away your life. I am so, so, sorry for trying too much. I am sorry for being that protective and possessive over you."

The boy felt the girl shaking her head as she whispered,"You know I love you right? Because I do, I love you more than anything."

Mattheo went upwards, his face meeting Nova's eyes.
They widened at his blood-red shot eyes and the tears swimming in them.

"You still love me?", he whispered and looked at her with pain written all over his face.
He blinked multiple times, trying to stop his tears, but it was no use.
Tears slowly made their way down his cheeks.
"You still love me, Nov?"

Nova shook her head eagerly and said soothing words,"No, no, no. Don't cry Theo, please."
She moved on his lap so he could held her, after seeing his hands twitch at his sides.

He gripped her waist, leaning his head on her chest as she tried to calm him down.
"Of course I love you Theo. I love you so much, okay?"
She gripped his face in her hands and made him look at her as tears still swelled in his brown eyes.
"I love you more than anything, love."

"It's just, I am so afraid to lose you, Nov. You are all I have and I don't want anything or anyone else.", he sniffled and then added,"I love you so much and I can't even make you happy. The only person that matters to me isn't happy, because of me."

She shook her head in response,"I am happy, Theo. I am always happy with you. And you don't need to do anything to make me happy. Just be happy and I am too. So no more tears, because if you are sad, so am I."

Mattheo chuckled, sniffling again, before hugging her tightly.
"I love you so, so much Nov."

"I love you more, Theo."

"Not possible."

Just a small view in Mattheo's feelings :)