No more Secrets...

Chapter 6:

Amanda's P.O.V.

I woke up to my alarm clock... I didn't even turn it off. Five minutes later, My mom rushed into my room saying for me to get up, but I blocked her out. She threatened to get the cold water, but I didn't care... I just sat there... Depressed.

"Cameron. Cameron. Cameron."

I couldn't stop thinking about Cameron, he was my motivation. I don't understand why though, I've only known him for a couple of days. I got out of the bed and got ready, not even bothering to fix my hair. I have never, ever wore my hair down... Never, ever. I slowly waited for the sun to come up... Then I left shortly afterwards, not even packing a lunch. I didn't ride on my fly board, but instead of using my powers, I walked to school.

I could tell that my mom and dad were worried about me. I wore my hair down, I didn't pack a lunch, I didn't wake up, and I didn't fly on my fly board.

"Mortal Girl is depressed, Guys!" Austin yelled.

"Come look at this, She isn't 'flying'!" Trevor used air quotations as he yelled.

"What's wrong, mortal girl?" Marcus asked with fake concern.

"She is ignoring us..." Jacob said with fake sadness.

Those boys are horrible, they torment me every single day. I may not have my powers but I am a living thing also. Right when I passed them, a cat came flying around, trying to get away from a super speeding dog. Even animals have powers! Cats have the flying power, Dogs have super speed, and fish have the power to basically become a siren and so on.

I heard other people talking about and to me. I ignored everyone and everything, just walked and walked, silently. I could hear footsteps running behind me, I sniffed the air, Cameron. His sent was mixed with mint and pine, I could never get tired of it. I turned my head slightly to find Cameron walking with a bright smile.

He looked at me and his smile faded,

"What's wrong?" He asked me. "Did something happen to you?"

I shook my head and walked slightly faster. When we finally got to school, I walked to my locker and got my things I needed. When I was done, Cameron and I went to the roof, our special spot, because we had twenty more minutes till we had time in class. I inhaled the fresh air, and exhaled carbon dioxide. From the roof you can see people scurrying like ants to get to their lockers before they are late.

I laugh at the sight, then remember what my 'mother' said.

"I really wish you were my daughter, I really do."

Why was it affecting me? I banged on the railing and I think I dented it. They raised me, Loved me, and were the only ones who cared besides Cameron. I love them, and they love me, that is all that matters.

"Yes!!" I screamed as I did a fist pump.

Cameron was very confused but didn't even ask why. When it was time to go to homeroom, we jumped off of the roof and landed on the ground, ninja style. We ran into the building, arriving into homeroom right when the bell rang. We sat down in our seats. Then we went to our lockers, everyone but Cameron was confused to why I left my fly board at my house. Hehe everyone is in for a huge surprise.

"Jones! Why don't 'cha have your board?" Mr. Brooks yelled across the room. "I heard 'cha left it at home!"

"I got my powers..." I whispered in his big ear. "But don't tell anyone, I want it to be a surprise."

He jumped up into the air, after hearing that I finally gotten my powers. When he returned to sanity, he got a serious face on and told us to start flying but kept his eyes on me. I nodded, and jumped high into the air and flew around everywhere. I was surprised when I saw Cameron right beside me.