Chapter 3

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

"Kurama speaking face to face"

'Kurama speaking inside head'

Naruto stood in front of the fireplace, eyes glued to the portrait, a storm of emotions raging inside of him. He didn't know what to feel; whether to be happy that he finally has found out who is parents are, 'Or were', he thought bitterly. Or whether to feel hurt that his jiji hid his parents' identity from him, or whether to feel furious at the treatment from the village.

His hands were clenched so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Kurama consoled him, 'It's okay to feel this way, Naruto. Anyone who would have been in your shoes would have felt the same.'

Naruto finally sat down in Indian position, the energy leaving his legs. He tried to think something, but the thoughts evaded him, only the image of his parents situated in his minds. He was finally with his parents, yet at the same time, he was not.

Tears finally fell from his eyes from holding them back for so long. He cried for a long time, finally letting his emotions have an outlet. For the first time in his life, he felt like he was alone in the whole world.

Sniffling, he asked inside his head, 'Kurama, did you know about this?'

Kurama remained silent for a few moments, which were enough for Naruto to deduce that he knew. Kurama knew, and he still didn't tell him. 'I did know, Naruto. After all, you shared the same space with me for nine months inside your mother', the fox replied softly.

Naruto cried even harder after hearing this. It was like a whole new storm colliding with storm that was already raging inside him. On one hand, he was happy that he and Kurama were together even before he came into this world. On the other hand, he felt betrayed that Kurama would hide something like this from him. He was too emotional to make sense of Kurama's statement right now. He felt really alone.

After he finally stopped crying, he stood up too tired to explore the house right now. Hell, he was too tired to even form a coherent thought. Somehow, he climbed the stairs, opened the first door that was in front of him, and fell onto the bed, asleep before even hitting the soft mattress.

XXXXXXX

Hiruzen was panicking. He knew what the day was, and he had been wanting to get out of this office to spend time with his surrogate grandson. But fate seemed to have other plans for him as instead of having the normal amount, three stacks of paperwork in front of him, he was literally buried in the paperwork.

He assigned two of his ANBU, parrot and ox, to keep an eye on Naruto. Sadly, he didn't know and was unaware that the two ANBU were firmly against the demon-boy. He didn't know that they were the ones who gave the mob directions to where Naruto was in the evening.

It was only when they came to report that he found out the truth. The two ANBU appeared in his office and knelt down in front of him.

"Report!" he ordered.

Parrot was the first one to speak, "We lost the de- boy, Hokage-sama. Because today is the Kyuubi festival, crowds were thick and that is where we lost i- him."

Unfortunately for the two, Hiruzen didn't believe them for a second. If not for the seriousness that the situation demanded he would have laughed out loud that a five year old was able to lose them in a crowd.

ANBU were specifically trained for such scenarios. Secondly, he caught both of the slips of tongue. Demon and it were not so hard to deduce.