1

(A day before dre comes to china)

Bold=English 

I was in the auditorium practicing my lines for the upcoming play while Meiying practiced playing her violin. Cheng and his friends walked in. He would walk up to the stage and help me practice my lines. Back when we were all little, cheng was the bully in the neighborhood. He would bully all the kids except for me. I guess he was fond of me. How are you gonna balance out training for the tournament and practicing for your play, Cheng asked. I'll figure out a way, I said. Good cause you know our sensei doesn't like to lose, Cheng said. That sent shivers down my spine. Every time we would lose the tournament our Sensei would let his anger out on us. Especially me, I guess he knew I was gay and he didn't like that. Why don't we spar, I said. Does tomorrow at noon in the park sound good, I said. Yep, Cheng said.You're going to lose, I said. We'll see about that, Cheng said. Cheng and his friends would wait for Meiying and me to be done practicing so he could walk us home. Meiying wasn't fond of him as a lover. She didn't like the fact that he was a bully. Or that he would use Kung Fu to hurt others. I didn't like that either but when I was little I used to get bullied for liking girl stuff, he would step in and beat the other bullies up. So I just let it go. Cheng was walking beside me. I could feel his finger touch mine just for a second. After they walked Meiying home from school he would order all the boys to go home. It was just me and him. So what if I came to your play, Cheng said. I wouldn't mind, I said. Would you cheer me on if you lose the tournament, Cheng asked? We'll ya it's only fair, I said. Great so I'll be at your play, Cheng said. Oh don't go soft on me we have a sparing match tomorrow, I said playfully punching his arm. He would start blushing and get all mad. I'm not going soft just being nice, Cheng said. Cheng was about to leave but I stopped him. Wait, I said. Yea, Cheng said. Thanks for walking me, I said. No problem, Cheng said.

(The Next Day At The Park)

Cheng hanged with his friends while Meiying and I practiced for our events, I noticed a boy who was dark-skinned and had braids starting from the front of his head to the back. He must be new, I thought to myself. I tapped Meiying and we both look him and then he looked at us. He was about to play ping pong with one of the elderly people. He is going to lose badly, I said to Meiying. Me and Meiying giggled as we watched the boy losing so bad to the elderly guy. After that Meiying and I went back to practicing. Hey, I heard someone say. Meiying and I looked up and saw the boy. The boy said something but we couldn't understand him. I think he tried to speak to us in something like Chinese but we still couldn't understand him.What language was that, Meiying asked? You speak English too, The boy said. What are you listening to, The boy asked? Bach, Meiying said. I listen to them all the time they're tight, The boy said. Have you ever heard of this, The boy said.The boy was playing some type of music and we bumped our heads. Then the boy started dancing. Meiying and I start giggling and smiling.May I touch your hair, Meiying asked? You wanna touch my hair, The boy asked?Meiying nodded and The boy let her touch his hair. Then Cheng walked up to us. You guys should be practicing, Cheng said. We are, Meiying said. What you're doing, you won't need these, Cheng said throwing our papers down. What's your problem, I said. The boy tried to pick our papers up and Cheng told him to leave it. Meiying and I started arguing with Cheng. The boy tried to give the papers to Meiying but Cheng threw them down. You know what, we're out of here, I said as me and Meiying grabbed our stuff. We were about to walk away but the boy tried to give us our papers but Cheng pushed him to the ground. Then a fight broke out. I tried to run and help the boy but Cheng's friends held me back. I got them off of me and I ran to Cheng. Cheng Stop, I said. Get out of my way Yangfang, Cheng said. I can't let you hurt an innocent boy, I said. You and Me, I said. If I win you leave the park but if you win you get to finish him off, I said. Liang got in between us. Ready, Fight, Liang said. Cheng started attacking. His attacks were invasive and hard to dodge I could only dodge a few. He knocked me back with a kick. Going all out I see, I said. Let's just hope you can keep up, Cheng said. I started attacking. My attacks were fast and powerful. I slipped up and Cheng landed a punch and it hit my eye but we kept going. We were both powerful and Cheng won and finished off the boy. I left the park and woke up the next day with a black eye.