Happy Place

'Maybe what is what they call it?' She asked with a smile that was rather threatening.

'Abduction?' He said looking into her eyes, trying to tell her indirectly that he wasn't threatened, trying to make her understand the humour.

After a matter of few minutes, they were at the entrance of the marble-engraved building, upholding the Nishan Sahib.

'Seventh client, you ready to go in?' A long-thought reply came from her.

'That means I'll have to spend atleast 2 hours with you, again.'

'Nice catch.' she said to keep the banter going.

'Well, I'm not coming anywhere until you say why you've chosen me' he said settling on the steps.

Anjana felt his desperate need to know.

'Because... you are one of those limited edition guys interested in novels. Someone who can make an author too' 

Naveen chuckled in weird amazement of her reply.

'I should've checked the book'

'Good that you didn't.' An amiable banter led to a sudden feeling of comfort in each other.

'Anyways, if this is about that poem.. I have to say that you do not have to worry. It is just my way of writing a journal' he assured her.

Anjana really wanted to ask him about the scar on his left wrist, but decides to let go of it.

'No. I'm sorry, if you thought of it that way. The thing is.. my boss has asked me to find altruistic people and finish them off within the month I spot them. I'm quite ahead in my operation, thanks to you.' She tried to be as nice as possible.

Naveen smiled unwillingly. 'If your intention is to fix me, please don't try. You don't have to as well' He said succeeding in his effort to mortify her pure intention.

She was offended, but was willing to read between the lines. Probably, lack of understanding is his issue. He stood up and walked down facing her.

'Okay. You can still come inside.' Anjana requested.

'I think I have to leave.'

Anjana nodded hastily and walked into the Gurudwara, shortly waving her hand at him as her dupatta occupied her hair. She self-assured that she would be fine without him. In the hall that seats more than a hundred people, she sat in a corner, to satiate the soul.

Prayers rose in succession, persuading the heart to warm, accompanied with gratifying oneself with the Gurudwara Bhajan.

The dupatta slipped down her tresses as she got up from the Namaskara. Before she could pull it up, she felt a hand doing it for her. She knew who it was.

Naveen sat on the huge laid carpet beside her, trying to meditate. She fixed his head-covering in exchange, deciding not to talk until he did. People move out as the prayer gets over, except a few who were involved in meditation.

A phone call disrupts Naveen's meditation. Anjana also ends hers, as she looked at him switching off his cell.

'Naveen.. having a good time?'

He nodded positively. 'After a long time. Thank you.'

'Then, this should do.' She said as she took a 500-rupee note from her bag and put it into a donation box.

'Miss, isn't that too much?' He asked out of shock.

'Look at what's written on that box. It is for charity purposes, so there's nothing wrong in paying a big amount.'