CHAPTER 10: A Start of Something New

From the moment she fled her debut party, Bridgette has avoided being among the wealthy. She was fed up with her father setting her up on blind dates. Rich folks were all the same to her. They're solely interested in money, fame, and power. They have little regard for the feelings of others.

But now, she's inside a four-hundred-thousand-pound car, sitting beside a filthy rich guy who she doesn't even know. They were both silent throughout the ten-minute drive, but every now and then, Bridgette stole a glance from him.

"Why do you keep on stealing glances, lady?" he asked without looking at her. She felt embarrassed and looked away.

"I wasn't. I just want to look on the other side of the road. " Bridgette nervously uttered, making him chuckle.

"Look at you blushing." He suddenly maneuvered the car towards the side of the road and hit the brake. He quickly released his seatbelt so he could turn his body sideways towards her.

"Do you find me attractive?" His face is now inches away from Bridgette. She could feel her heart thumping so loudly with what he was doing.

"W: What are you doing? S-Stop! I'm not attracted to you! " She was nervously panicking and pushed him hard. She also tried to open the car door, but it was locked.

All of a sudden, he burst into laughter. His eyes were all tearing up from laughing too much. I'm just joking. Haha! " He immediately fixed his seatbelt and started driving again.

Stop being so nervous. You look cute while blushing. I might fall for you. " He laughed so hard again with his own crazy antics, leaving her completely flustered.

"Stop! You're not funny! Stop this car! I'll just walk from here! " Bridgette frantically screamed while hitting his arms. Good thing he can drive well and unbothered by what she's doing.

"Alright, I'll stop. Just quit hitting my arms, "he replied.

There was a minute of silence after that, but he broke it when he spoke again. "My name is not Trent. I am Troy Seige Evans. I believe you are Bridgette Dawson. I like your name. Pretty, like you. " He took a quick look at her and let out a snicker when he saw her facial expression.

She rolled her eyes at him and looked away. He cleared his throat before speaking again, trying to hide the unfamiliar warm, fuzzy feeling he was feeling deep inside. "Hey, uhm. Where's your office? I'm not familiar with the name of your store, Glam Closet. Is that right? "

Bridgette responded while staring out the car window. "J-Just drop me off at the bus station. I'll just commute. "

"No. I insist. I'm intrigued by the name of your shop. "Please let me drop you there," he said.

Bridgette thought about it for a while. He stole a glance at him again.

I think he's not a bad person. For a rich guy, he looks pretty decent. Plus, I still feel hungover. ' Bridgette thought.

The Mafia Boss' Obsessionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें