Chapter 36

3rd person's POV

On the day of the court hearing, everyone was nervous. They knew that if Mellisa wasn't proved to be guilty or if she had some dirty trick up her sleeve then when released she would probably immediately kill them.

Katsuki, Izuku, Haru, Kirishima, Sero, Mina and Kaminari arrived together. Todoroki had managed to get his mother and Matilda outside for a single day too! Seems like they really wanted to hear the verdict.

Surprisingly, Shinso was there as well, turns out him and Kaminari had gotten really close so he invited him. Katsuki didn't mind of course, besides he helped him too.

Katsuki really wanted his parents with him. He hoped, at least now they would be there for him, but of course, they won't. They probably don't even know about what's happening with him.

They were the ones who asked him if Haru was dead. The worst thing they had ever done to him. Yet.. his heart can't help but yearn for the love. The parental love he had always wanted.

Ever since he was young, his parents didn't know anything, hardly even showed the interest to learn about him, yet, Katsuki always went back to them hoping one day, they would love him the same way he loves them.

Probably one day.

Melissa was bought in with her father, cuffs restraining her from doing anything. She looked calmer than the other day, her face and hair looking duller than before, eyes red and puffy, she probably cried.

She was fiddling with her fingers, as she was taken to the witness stand.

Katsuki also noticed how Izuku tensed seeing her, his grip on Haru getting tighter and more protective. Katsuki gets a little worried seeing Izuku's eyes look wide and fearful.

He hold his shoulders in a comforting manner, soothing him. Izuku sighs a little, before leaning in towards Katsuki.

"It's okay Izuku.. she can't hurt anybody here." Katsuki whispers, kissing Haru's cheeks.

Haru snuggles into Izuku, seeing Melissa walk in. Izuku softly shushes him.

As the case progresses, soon it's fine for Melissa to swear, she promised to speak the truth and the interrogation begins, "Ms. Sheild. You know what you did was wrong, right?" The judge questions with a mean glare from behind his spectacles.

"Yes. I plead guilty for my actions." She let's out in a whisper, her father, who was standing behind her starts sobbing.

"Do you know under how many acts I could arrest you for? This isn't a small simple case. I could put you on jail for your entire lifetime."

The judge states as his eyes quickly read over the papers presented infront of him.

"Requesting Mr. Bakugo to come here" he says pointing at the opposite side from where Melissa was standing.

Katsuki walks by, after giving a reassuring squeeze to Izuku. "Mr. Bakugo, could you explain your relationship with Ms. Sheild?"

Katsuki let's out a ragged sigh, "We were exes. Back in highschool, she got pregnant when I was 18 and left the baby with me." The judge looks behind Katsuki, seeing Haru as he nods in acknowledgement.

"Why didn't you want the baby, Ms. Sheild?" The judge questions, adjusting his spectacles.

"It was a drunken mistake. I was too young for a kid." She replies, her eyes still cast down.

"Doesn't matter if you are too young or if it was a mistake he was your responsibility." The judge states,

"Moving on. Why did you harass Mr. Bakugo and his friends and family? You clearly didn't want the baby or any connects with him, then why?"

For that, Melissa stays quiet. The judge waits for a few minutes before repeating his question in a stern and demanding voice.

Melissa flinches at the voice raise, yet doesn't speak a single word.

"Ms. Shield. I'm warning you. You didn't confess anything about this when asked during the police interrogation either. Why are you staying silent?" The judge asks, yet, nothing from her side.

Soon her father is pulled in, "Mr. Sheild. We know that you have helped her in this plan. Why did you do it?"

He stays quiet. The anger in the judge's eyes was evident. He tried to ask both of them calmly, but they didn't react, he knew that they weren't allowed to use phisical violence against them.

Just then a male, looking mid-twenties walks in with a small blonde girl on his hands, probably 2 years old.

"Who are you?" The judge questions.

"Melissa's husband. This is our child." He states.

Melissa immediately looks up and starts crying, "Blake.. I'm sorry, please.. I didn't know what to do.. I was lost and-" She starts wailing.

The male, Blake interrupts her, "You promised. You promised me you would never do anything this extreme. You have no idea how I felt when I got a call saying my wife was arrested."

The judge and the others don't interfere in their conversation. It was evident the her husband seemed more cooperative than she was.

Melissa's father starts pulling on his restrains, "Blake, look. It was not her fault.. I- I swear.. please don't leave her.." He pleads pathetically.

And to all their surprise, Blake starts crying.

Sobs resonate through the room, he has a hard time holding on to his daughter. He soon falls to his knees while crouching. "I loved you... I loved you, why would you do that?"

The kid's lips get wobbly seeing both her parents cry, she starts squirming in his hold. Blake soon notices and tries to calm her down. Izuku softly walks towards them, letting Haru down.

Haru walks over to her and wipes her tears, while whispering, "Don't cry.. it's okay.." She probably doesn't understand him with their language differences, but it's the thought that matters.

Seeing the scene unfold Melissa starts crying even harder. Blake looks at them with a soft smile, giving a small pat to Haru and urging them to play together.

"I'm sorry.. I'll explain everything."