𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

[ Chapter Twenty-Four ]

Reveals And Truths

The shock had passed over, allowing Preston to recognize what Elijah had just told her. "I'm a clairvoyant, because of some supernatural bullshit line on my mother's side..."

Elijah only nodded. It was still unclear to her on how he knew, but she shook it off. Even though she was curious, there was already way too much thrown at her.

He could already tell she was a secretive person, but he needed answers. "What have you already seen?" Elijah asked. She couldn't have seen too many things yet. She was 18, there was no possible way for her to see the signs of the future events that would soon unfold.

Preston remained silent, not giving a shit about about urgency lacing in his tone. Although the look he gave her when she looked up at him, made it tempting to tell him. "I understand you're stubborn and secretive, however-"

"I see these symbols, randomly." He waited for her to continue. Although it took a few minutes, Elijah waited patiently.

As she told him about the visions she'd already seen, he noticed the sarcasm lacing in her voice.

It took all her power to not run and find Elena.

Elijah stood up upon getting a call, leaving Preston in the room alone. She stood up, wandering around the place. A couple minutes passed and he came back.

"We're leaving." Elijah held his hand out for her to take, but she refused.

As she passed by him she told him, "I'm perfectly capable of walking myself."

Elijah and Preston walked out of the house, "Where exactly are we going, and why do I have to go with you?" Preston questioned.

He noticed when she spoke there was a hint of defense. He recognized it. It was as though she'd grown up with a need to defend herself.

"I received contact."

"Obviously."

Elijah tilted his head, "I wasn't told exact details, but I assume it has something to do with Katerina Petrova." Katherine Pierce.

Preston furrowed her brows, Katherine was in the tomb, she got a text from Caroline confirming she was in the tomb. It didn't make sense, unless- shit. Now Preston was scared, if someone contacted Elijah, he knew about the supernatural, Katherine, but Katherine's in the tomb- Elena.

She tried to keep her emotions under control, she did it for Elena. She had to. Preston was a hunter, she could just stake Elijah and run. Of course she had no idea if she was even in Virginia anymore, but she'd find out. Then again, he was able to find her the first time, and if she staked him, he'd probably find a way to make her life a living hell. And she'd gone to Hell before.

In conclusion, Preston chose to go against killing Elijah. She didn't want to be tortured today, she didn't feel like dying today. Perhaps tomorrow but not today.

"You didn't answer the other question, why do I have to go with you?" Preston repeated. She really wanted to know.

Elijah answered shortly after, "I am taking you with me because you are under my protection now-"

"I'm a freaking hunter- not a damsel in distress." Elijah turned to look at her.

"My apologies, are you not the one who managed to die several times in one day?" Elijah cocked his head, a small smirk on his face.

The Winchester scoffed, "If you're using that logic, why don't you protect my brothers?" She winced ever so slightly when she mentioned her brothers.

Elijah took note of the small reaction. "It almost slipped my mind that you have brothers. Older or younger?" She narrowed her eyes at him, why in hell would he want to know.

"Older. I still don't know how I was even born." She whispered the last part.

Elijah sighed, "Clairvoyance..." he paused, "someone on your maternal side must have seen future events unfold, allowing them to use energy for you to be born." He explained. It did make some sense to her.

When they ended up at a gigantic-sized house, Preston's eyes widened. Sure, she'd gone to the Salvatore Boarding house, but still.

She took a deep breath. This was it, if Elena was kidnapped, Preston had one job: save Elena Gilbert.

Preston just wants to protect Elena.

I'm fucking tired.

Okay, bye!