T H I R T Y - S E V E N

It's graduation day! This last year was insane to say the least, and raising a kid while going to school is easily one of the hardest things I've ever done

It's graduation day! This last year was insane to say the least, and raising a kid while going to school is easily one of the hardest things I've ever done. There have been way too many days where I've cried myself to exhaustion, and questioned everything- but I am so grateful its done.

It's still early morning, and the ceremony starts at 1, but as if on que- Knox starts babbling and calling for "Momma and Daddyyyy" through the monitor. We moved him into his own room about 6 months ago, though most nights he ends up back in our bed when he wakes up to nurse.

Last night, I was grateful he chose to sleep through the night.

Alexei and I laugh as he calls for us before getting up and heading for him, but when we get there- his door is already open and he's in the middle of a deep conversation with his Nonno. "Hey papa, thank you for getting him" I say, walking over to dad and pecking his cheek.

Dad smiles down at me and picks him up out of the crib. "Its not a problem principessa, come on buddy- lets go make some breakfast for your momma, Si?" Dad starts to make his way out of the room, Knox in tow- and my son giggles, and slaps his Nonno's arms. "Si, Nonno."

Knox doesn't have many words right now, but the words he does know he can say in English, French, and Italian. We're still working on Russian, but that'll come in time. Since dad took Knox downstairs to make breakfast- Alexei and I headed back to our bedroom to start getting ready for the day.

We both hopped into the shower, and since we knew this would be an uninterrupted one, we took some extra time for one another. Once we're both satisfied, we get out and start pulling everything together.

Alexei puts on his usual all black suit, but took a little extra time today picking out his cufflinks, watch, and chain. It was almost like he was curating an image for today, because when I went to the closet- he had also laid out a dress and heels for me for me to wear.

Once we were ready, I grabbed my cap and gown before we headed to Knox's bedroom to pack his diaper bag, and grab his outfit.

Once we doubled checked that we had everything we were going to need for the day, Alexei and I headed downstairs and into the kitchen where dad and Knox had pancakes waiting for me. I took a seat at the island, and dad brought Knox over to me to nurse as we waited for everyone else.