Skipper's Story

Mrs. Janey Hardwick

Mrs. Chad Hardwick

Mrs. Janey Lewis-Hardwick

Mrs. Janey Lewis Hardwick

Mrs. Janey Hardwick-Lewis

Mrs. Janey Lewis-Hardwick

She was in love. 

She was a young girl, in her early twenties. She was simple. She cared about her mother, her little brother, and her pets. She lived a happy life. She went to med school. She became a doctor. And she loved her mother, her brother, and her pets. Her mom died of cancer, and her brother went to live with their dad. She was left with her pets. 

Chad Hardwick

The Chadster

The Ladies Man

The Super Ego

The " Mr. Hardwick Was My Father"

The "Never Chad Lewis"

He wasn't in love. 

He was a spoiled brat, in his early twenties. He was complicated. He cared about himself. He lived a hectic life. He went to clubs, got smashed. He got a girl pregnant, a few girls. And he loved himself. He had some kids that he never knew or cared about. And he was left by himself. 

It started out well enough.

She went into work one day, expecting a normal day shift. She'd treat a few animals for minor abrasions and then go home to her little loft, above a little cheese and cracker shop on the corner of a quaint little street just west of downtown. She'd walk in the rain like she always did and hold yesterday's newspaper above her short auburn hair, in a failed attempt to keep dry. She'd climb the metal fire escape stairs on the side of the building and climb in through her bedroom window, for the landlord still hasn't moved his exercise machine from in front of her door. And she'd spend the rest of the day laying on her plush periwinkle couch, with a box of tissues nearby. 

He woke up in his Jacuzzi with a lampshade on his head, wearing somebody else's bathing suit. Alone. Another normal day in the life of Chad Hardwick. He'd get out, change into something that he shouldn't be able to afford but could, and leave as soon as possible. He'd take the Lamborghini and he'd complain that the acid rain was eating at his paint job. Usually he'd be heading to a club, but that would be a completely different story. 

You see, there is one thing that Chad Hardwick loves more than himself. And that's his dog, Skipper. And so instead of his normal routine, he is rushing Skipper to the ER to get his stomach pumped. At some point during his wild night, Skipper got into a bag of chocolate. Now he can't seem to keep anything down. So when Chad rushes Skipper into the waiting room and is immediately taken in, he's relieved. 

Skipper is strapped into a bed. 

Chad waits.

Skipper is given an IV.

Chad waits.

Skipper is wheeled off into observation.

Chad waits.

Alone. 

A pretty young doctor enters the room, carrying a wet newspaper and a red second-hand purse. She has aubrun hair that twists and turns, and a thin build. She facing the coat rack, and doesn't see Chad. She turns towards her desk and her ankle twists slightly, leaver her off balance. In an effort to catch herself, she falls on the desk, causing it to rattle. 

He's leant forward, hands clasped in front of him. Head bent toward the ground. He'd never admit it but he's worried. He doesn't hear anyone come in, so he doesn't pretend not to care. The silence in the room is daunting and he wishes for something to break it. It comes in the form of a pretty young red-head falling into her desk. He jumps, stands up, and stares at her. 

Their eyes meet.

This is where the story really begins.