Ten

10

10

"Mrs Weaver, you have done it again!" Grandma Baker cheered once she set her eyes upon the beautiful cherry red dress with golden embroidery at the hem. It was a simple off shouldered dress with long sleeves. Ruby hoped it would do. She was meeting royalty after all. She had to look her best.

"How much does it cost?" her grandma asked. That was an important question.

"It's completely free. It's Red, I'll do anything for her. She's like my own child." Mrs Weaver pinched Ruby's cheeks.

"That's so nice of you," grandma Baker acknowledged.

"Thank you so much," Ruby said with a genuine smile.

"Anytime, dear. I have to get the kids ready. It's the one time we all get to be at the castle. And you also need to get ready," she pointed out. With one final wave, she was out of their house.

"Your heard her, Ruby. We have a coronation to attend," grandma Baker said cheerily.

*:*:*

Who knew grandma Baker was such a good hairstylist? Certainly not Ruby. Her Nana had evenly cut her bangs to reveal her eyes fully and packed her hair back in a neat bun adding red baby roses to it. She looked like a princess at first glance.

"Now Ruby, are you sure you want to do this?" Her grandmother asked her again to be sure.

"A hundred and one percent," Ruby used Lycus words to reply. "I want him, grandma and he wants me too. That's enough. Even if I'm not the girl that can break the curse, I want to try. If it means him becoming completely human and not being with me, I'll be happy as long as he's human again," she assured her grandma.

Grandma kissed her cheek. "I'm just looking out for you dear. I hope it all works out. I want a royal great grand child."

Her cheeks burned in embarrassment. "Grandma stop it. We have to leave before he turns into a wolf for the rest of his life." She shooed her grandmother out of the house.

"Wait, wait you haven't told me how I look in this dress."

"Like a queen," she commented and her grandmother gushed.

"I think that's your future," grandma Baker teased.

"Grandma!"

"Alright, alright, let's go."

*:*:*

For the first time in years, grandma Baker travelled through the woods. And Ruby had to give her reassuring hand squeezes on intervals.