Accidents Happen

Hello, Wattpad!

Okay, right off the bat I hope you enjoy the Fanfiction and if you want to you can comment suggestions.

Enjoy.

CHAPTER I

Karissa walked hurriedly down the street, busy texting her friend on her phone. Her friend Mary and her shared an apartment.

-When will u be here?- Mary texted.

-Soon. I have to get some groceries.- Karissa texted back. She wasn't going to get groceries, though. There were men following her, gaining fast. And she just had to get away.

The men followed her, as if going under the radar and masking theirselves as regular men in Hell's Kitchen.

But there are not regular men in Hell's Kitchen.

Karissa grew up here, so she knew all the ups and downs. She knew who'd offer her their seat on the subway and who'd rather shoot her instead.

As she walked, her brown curls bounced as she picked up the pace. Her hazel eyes scanned the area around her, looking for somewhere to hide. Somewhere to bail.

Her eyes dart left, then right. Alleyway. Perfect. She thinks to herself, slipping into the alleyway and letting the pitch black shadows consume her.

Not to her surprise, the men followed her into the alley. It was just up to her losing them.

Then she heard the pounding from a ways away. The fleshy smack of punches over punches.

"Agh! Leave me alone!" Cried a man's voice. She could hear the hard, painful breathing of the man.

Fear struck Karissa's heart as if a bullet entered her chest. Then there was one last smack and the breathing seemed to have stopped. But it didn't. It was still there, but steadied.

She heard the footsteps get louder behind her and that sparked remembrance and realization in her heart. Her adrenaline boosted and she jolted forward into a jog, turning a sharp corner and instantly stopped. Her body wanted to fall forward, though her hair sprung forward as she looked up at the man in the black mask.

"You're-" she starts, her voice nearly shaking. "You're the man in the black mask-"

He had swiftly made his way around her to get to the other men who turned the corner as well. The man had swung a kick at one of them, quickly springing up and punching the other across the face.

Karissa's eyes widen, her mouth opening and her eyes widening as she observed the scene.

The man refuses to fall so the man in black moves behind him and hooked his arm around the other man's and snapped it back.

Karissa covered her mouth as the sickening crack echoed in the gloomy alleyway walls.

The man sputtered inaudible words, groaning and gasping at the sudden pain. He falls to the ground, his arm bent and broken in sickening ways.

The Man in the Black Mask kicked the man onto the ground. He stood over the wounded man, throwing his fists repeatedly at the man's face.

Karissa found herself almost flinching at every hit.

Karissa heard the click of a gun and her head slowly turned to the side where she saw the other man aiming a gun with both hands at the Man in Black.

Karissa was frozen, the echoes of the hits and punches fading away.

Move. She commanded herself, her body not reacting to the commands. Move dang it!

She finally burst into movement and ran up to the man, throwing her fist at the man's face. The man's hand jerked, but the gun fired. All sound faded away as she looked back in expectance and worry for anyone getting hit.

The bullet hit the wall and she took in a breath of relief only to realize she was holding it. She quickly turned around, a fire sparking in her eyes as she goes back up to hit the man again.

The man swatted her back as if she were nothing. She stumbled back, gravity taking its course as she prepared herself to crash into the ground. To her surprise, to strong arms caught her. A small gasp escaped her lips as her blue jean jacked rubbed against her arms.

"What is this? Some sort of trust game?" She asks, seeming out of breath. The man doesn't answer right away, instead lifts her to her feet.

"I have trust issues." He says to her darkly, his voice grim but firm. He runs at the man, beating him against a wall, blood splattering on the old brick wall.

Karissa felt her own warm blood trickle out of her nose and from her lip. She dabbed her lip with the back of her hand and blinked as she saw the dark red crimson blood. She sniffed, her nose crinkled and she looked up only to see the Man in the Black Mask standing right in front of her.

She stepped back in surprise. "You have to stop doing that!" She says to him. "It's dang annoying."

"So are damsels in distress." Was his response. She rolls her eyes, crossing her arms.

"I'm no damsel in distress, Mr. Personality." She says. "I had that under control, as you probably saw."

He was hesitant to answer that. She noted that.

"Right. As I saw." He says after a while, turning to leave.

"Would it be ridiculous if I asked you what your name is?" She asks with interest, walking towards him, her short heels tapping on the cracked cement floor.

"Yes." He says, slowing down, but talking as if rushing it like he was trying to get away. As if he were uncomfortable.

"Not your name-name, hero." She says. "I mean, if I can even call you that. Your super-hero name."

"My super-hero name?" He repeats as if it were ridiculous.

"Yeah. You're superhero name." She confirms, walking up from beside him and turning to face him. "I don't want to call you The Man in the Black Mask forever."

"You act like you know me."

"I'd like to."

He doesn't reply to that, almost as if he didn't want to say anything. She waits for an answer, the turns to walking.

"Okay, hero. If you don't want to talk then I may as well be going anyway. See you around I guess." She walks out of the alleyway, wiping the blood from her face and walking down the street as the sun started to set over Hell's Kitchen.

The Man in the Black Mask stood there still, as if memories flooding into his mind that he thought he had forgotten.

"Goodbye, Karissa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter compete! :)