My Roommate's a Whore, But... She Wasn't In My Life. [1]

"This can't be right!" I screamed, throwing the papers onto the counter. Looking down at the bills one more time, I realized that it was. I rubbed my temples and tried to calm myself down. I cannot believe this. I live by myself, and have since I moved out of parents' house. I've always prided myself on being independent, but it looks like that isn't working out too well anymore. The loud ringtone of my Android startled me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cass! Wanna get lunch with me?" Wally, my best friend, asked eagerly.

"Er... I'm not quite in the mood today Wally."

"Awe, why not?"

I sighed. "I have to find some way to pay my bills."

"Well you could... go to Amscot?"

"You know those payday loan places charge like 1000% interest, right?"

"Get another job?"

"Wally, I barely have enough time outside of work as is."

"Then... How about you get a roommate?"

I thought about it for a moment. A roommate? While I liked to keep to myself, it's not the worst thing I could do. "That is actually a good idea!"

"What are you saying, my ideas are bad?" Wally asked in a hurt tone.

I couldn't help but giggle. "No, Wally. I love your ideas. What time do you want to meet?" 

"Is 12:30 good?" He asked, happy again.

"Great. See you then," I said, and hung up.

A roommate. That is a good idea, but.. who? All my friends already live somewhere, obviously. I thought some more. People move in with people they don't know, right? I'm sure plenty of people need roommates. We're all poor college grads living off ramen noodles, right? Smiling to myself, I figured I could place an ad online. Surely that could work. Satisfied with my idea, I started getting ready for lunch.

******************

"Cass! Cassidy! Over here!" Wally shouted from across the nearly silent diner. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to him.

"You're so obnoxious."

"Thanks," he replied, smirking. I glared at him as I slid into the booth and he laughed. I threw one of the french fries at him.

"Hey! If you get a grease stain on my shirt you're buying me a new one. I don't care if you'd be homeless."

"That's a little rude to say to your best friend who met you for lunch," I said, crossing my arms.

"You know I'm kidding. I bought your lunch for Christ's sake!" I looked down and noticed the food: my favorite chicken strips, french fries, and a Coke with lots of ice.

"Awe, thanks Wally. I didn't even notice when I walked in," I replied, blushing slightly. 

Wally was a friend of mine from high school. He's goofy, disorganized, and caring.We just kinda get each other, so we stayed friends all throughout college. We continued to eat, talk, make fun of each other as per usual until it was about 1:15. Wally didn't even realize that it was almost time for him to go to work.

"Oh shit," he mumbled when I reminded him what time it was. "Do you think you-"

I cut him off. "Yes, I'll clean up. Go to work before you're late.. again." 

"Ah, thanks Cass. Catch ya later!" he said, kissing my cheek and sprinting out the door. I gathered all the trash on the tray and slid into the garbage. Soon after, I grabbed my bag and drove back home.

******************

When I got home, I plopped down on the couch and opened my laptop. I wondered, how do I even find a roommate? I opened up the web browser and searched "roommates." I found a website called "roommates.com". That looked promising, so I clicked on the link. After entering my information (seeking a female, between ages 20 and 30, who needs a place to live), I clicked "Submit" and 7 pages of names popped up. 

Well, this is going to take a while.

_________________________________________________________________________

So there's chapter one ^-^ I got inspired after making a girl on Sims 2 who lived in an apartment and her roommate kept flirting with all these guys xD Anyways, hope you enjoyed it, comment and/or rate, and keep me updated.<3 

-Megan