How I met the devil

Prologue

Damaris was panting breathlessly. She was running as fast as she could, but her legs were slowly betraying her. Her breaths quickening in increase speed, she had to stop sooner or later.

Damaris hated feeling trapped. It would always remind her of that one time when her dad punished her by locking her in some small closet. She couldn't breathe and couldn't even scream for help.

That day she almost died.

And being dead is the last thing she wanted for herself right now. Goddamit, she didn't even had a chance to live a life she wanted. All she did was going to a high-school she hated, hung with friends she didn't like and did homework and studied subjects she despised. She didn't even know what she wanted for her future, but still she tried her best to do well in school and now all of that was completely useless. Will her killer care about her dreams? About the fact how much she spend her time on school and its projects for a better grade just to have somewhat a better future in her life?

Will knowing all the names of the human bones help her from being mrecilessly murdered by some sick sciopath? Yeah, didn't think so either.

Damaris was getting tired really fast. Her knees were wobbling and she would collapse in any given second. It was time for her to finally give up.

Her legs started slowing down as she placed her hands against the wall next to her just so she could hold herself on her feet for a little more. Her eyes let few tears to stream down her face, and the breathing became steady.

She lazily leant her back against the wall and slowly rolled down on the floor. As she touched the ground, a cruel muffled voice was heard on her right side. "Someone got tired I see," a dark chuckle echoed through the school hallway. Her head abruptly turned toward the voices' direction and her eyes snapped open, desperate to see the man behind this horrible act. He murdered almost all of her friends from school. She couldn't even what was going on and before she knew he was after her too. Everything happened so fast. She was just leaving the school like the most of the students, she wasn't even aware of his presence until she saw him plunging a knife to her college's neck right in front of her.

And that was when she started running. Of course she chose to hide herself back in school, but that obviously wasn't such a good idea now when she thinks about it. But however, she couldn't simply fix all of her past decisions because if she could, she definitely wouldn't be in this town in the first place.

"I read somewhere that fearful thoughts are designed to keep you safe and limited," he started, his face slowly showing up from the darkness. "However, they aren't true, you get to choose what to follow, you know..." he was rambling and the last thing Damaris could do was to focus on his words. She just stared dumbly at his flawless boyish face and was too astonished to acknowledge the fact he was going to be her killer.

"W-why are you d-doing this?" Damaris stammered in fear, her eyes still holding some piece of hope she barely gathered, only to feel somewhat less miserable.

"The right question you should be worring about is..." he trailed off as he approached her and crouched down right in front of her, his dark-blue eyes blazing shaprly at hers. "Will it hurt?"

Damaris let out a loud sob before she squeezed her eyes tightly and exhalled a deep breath. He chuckled darkly as he saw her reaction. He was well aware of her fear and God, he loved it. He was literally feeding from it. He yearned this. Seeing the helpless faces of a powerless human beings, hearing their useless pleads that could never change his mind, no matter how hard they tried, but still he loved hearing them because in those pleads he could hear hope loud and clear. And there was nothing more pleasurable than destroying all the hope in someone.

As the sinister smirk spread across his face, he casually pulled out his knife and teasingly started tracing down her neck with it. Damaris shuddered. The goosebumps were formning all over her body, her heart threatening to jump out of her chest. She could literally hear her heart hammering in her eardrums.

"And the answer is..." he mused, his eyes flicking back at hers. "It will hurt like hell." He said as he plunged the knife deep into her spleen. She yelped and cried out loudly in pain.

"But don't worry, I also read somewhere you can survive without the spleen," He murmured as he grinned wickedly. Slowly standing up he winked down at her before he left her completely alone in her unbearable pain.