Chapter 2 - The Squad Surprise

A few weeks went by, and during those weeks they had spent together, y/n and the Squad had become very close. At this point, Alex knew that it was finally time to officially announce them as the newest Squad member.
Back at the Squad house, everyone had planned a big surprise party to officially welcome y/n to the Squad.

(ALEX POV)
     We had just finished getting the decorations set up, and the time had finally come. I texted y/n to meet at the Squad house for a 'special surprise', and they were expected to be here any minute now. Suddenly, we heard footsteps approaching the door.
"Everyone hide, they're here!" I whisper-yelled so that only the Squad could hear me. As we heard the door creak open, we all jumped out of our hiding places.
"Surprise!" we all yelled in unison. It was practically impossible to get the entire Squad to cooperate, so I was pleasantly surprised when everything went according to plan. We all ran over to give y/n a big group hug, and many of the Squad members said things like "Welcome to the Squad" and "We're so happy to have you here". The sweet smile on y/n's face was enough to make all the rest of us happy as well.

(Y/N POV)
     I had just gotten back from going shopping, when I got a text from Alex. 'Hey y/n! Can you come over to the Squad house for a bit? We have something to show you! 🥰', it read. Something to show me? What could the Squad possibly want to show me?, I questioned. Despite the confusion that I felt at first, I thought it would be a good idea to check it out. I headed over to the Squad house, which luckily wasn't too far from where I live. Alex had told me to 'just come on in, the door is unlocked'. So I walked over to the door, and turned the golden doorknob. To my surprise, the house was... pitch black? Alex just said that they were home, I thought. At first I wondered if it had all been a trap. But before I could even question it, the lights flashed back on and I heard the loud sound of my friends yelling "Surprise!". What's going on?, I wondered. It isn't my birthday or anything. But then I remembered - just a little while ago, Alex asked if I would be interested in officially joining the Squad and making videos with them for their YouTube channel, InquisitorMaster. I had always dreamed of being a YouTuber, so of course I agreed. I later did some research on the channel, and found that they had almost 10 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS! Their videos were super entertaining, and of course I wanted to be a part of that amazing experience. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by the group running over to me and pulling me into a group hug. As I heard the Squad members welcoming me into their Squad, I couldn't help but smile. These people weren't just my friends anymore - this group truly felt like family.