21

Breathing out, I knocked on Stilinski's door and watched as the shadow moved behind the frosted glass. The door opened for me to join Parish and the Sheriff in the room.

"How's it going?" Parish asked, looking at me with softened eyes.

I pushed my lips together and tried to stop my eyebrows from frowning. They didn't need me to say anything they could tell just from my presence.

"That bad, huh?" Noah gave me a small chuckle.

Nodding I fell down onto the chair by Parish, who was leaning against the desk. Stilinski closed the door gently before walking back to his seat. They both stared at me waiting for me to speak up.

I stayed silent, what could I tell them? They wouldn't believe me about maybe, actually being kidnapped whilst pretending to be missing. The pack just brushed it off. I still couldn't finish the damn book either.

I don't think there was a bribe big enough for them to let me go missing again. Though the amount of anguish I caused them last time was enough to veer me from trying again.

"You scared the life out of us" Stilinski sighed, running a hand over his wrinkled forehead.

I frowned and glanced to his evidence board "I'm sorry" Tracy's face stared back at me, adjacent to the other teenages. All of them missing or dead supernatural beings.

"Why are you here?" Parish asked, his curious eyes analysing me.

I breathed in and looked back at them, both waiting for my answer. "I feel so useless with the pack, they're all flowing together and every time they come to me it's like they're tiptoeing around me... or completely ignoring me" Thinking back to my conversation with Scott and Theo, my expression soured.

Something was up with the group and it wasn't just my presence causing tension.

"Who found out you left?" Stilinski raised his eyebrows and I parted my lips, looking at him.

You couldn't hide anything from Noah, whether that was from a father's intuition or police training. "I- I told Isaac. In the hospital straight after I cam- i was brought back." The Sheriff nodded but stayed quiet. Expecting more.

"And Scott?" Jordan asked.

I shook my head and looked away from them again, it felt like I was being interrogated...

"You should tell him, he'd sympathise with you and it may help you understand everything. He probably felt the same pressure as you when he became the true alpha"

... or a lecture from a deputy barely older than me.

There was a silence between us as I bounced my right leg anxiously. The deputies radio was humming quietly with undisguisable voices. I didn't want to acknowledge that Jordan was right.

"Have you heard anything from Derek?" I asked and they both shook their heads. I knew he was out finding the desert wolf but it wasn't fair he didn't know I was back.

*bzzz*

Parish's phone buzzed with a message. He quickly reached over and took it from the windowsill. I watched as he opened it and his expression hardened.

"Scott needs us"