The Popular Girl, the Poor Boy, and Penguins [ON HOLD]

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

Hey, I'd just like to say to really give this book a chance, I mean don't quit after the first few chapters because I sincerely PROMISE it will get better, you just have to let me build up everything!!!! I mean I think the beginning isn't too shabby, but maybe you do...anyway I promise more excitement AS IT GOES ON! :) Love all my readers! :)

_________________________________

Miss Langley adjusted her fuchsia glasses that made her beady eyes expand like a cartoon character's, pursed her cracked and wrinkled lips. She tapped the side of her sagging jowls as she scanned her new Environmental Health class, trying to decide who would be grouped with who. My boyfriend, Andy Young, clung to my arm like he owned it, towering over me protectively. It reminded me of when he was guarding a football.

"Now, I must feel around the room and find the most appropriate partners...the ones destiny has previously chosen, and it is my job to make your fate's intertwined." Andy snickered and she closed her eyes for a single second, collecting her thoughts, before snapping them open and choosing the first group.

 "Marni, and Carter." Langley called out, receiving a groan from Marni and a devilish smirk from Carter. Poor, poor Marni, stuck with a creep like Carter. "Taylor and Rick." This was extremely boring. Why couldn't she just randomly pick out kids, you sit here you sit there, and Tada! But NO she has to find the 'PERFECT' Environmental Health table partners, or else mother nature will drop kick her across the freaking parking lot!...I'd pay good money to see that... "Oscar and Jillian." I glanced at the antique clock atop Langley's desk, there was still six of us without tables and only twenty minutes left, she should really pick it up already. "Quinn and Peter, Louise and Andy, and how about Delilah and Samson, seeing in the Bible seemed to pick them out before I could. Let's hope Delilah doesn't try to cut off your hair." I gave Langley a weird look and glanced at a fuming Andy and elbowed him in his heavily muscled gut.

"See you later Andrew." I sang, trotting back to my table in the back of the room, and plopping down, sprawling the contents of my bag across the top of it. The group of 11 other people dissipated retreating to their tables with annoyed grumbles. I looked at the tiles on the floor, memorizing the pattern. Blue, white, green, white, blue, white, green, white, blue-- Someone sat in the seat beside me, making my head snap up and killing my concentration like stomping on an ant. Nothing left but the squished remains. How did it go again? Green, blue, white, green, orange? Maybe I should look at the floor again. Something hit me in the head and I squealed in surprise. I looked up to see Andy watching me. Andrew could be sort of creepy sometimes. I picked up a pencil with a note written on it. Why didn't he just write it on a piece of paper? Sometimes i think I chose to associate myself with idiots.

Do you know who that kid is next to you? Hey what's this class about again???

I groaned and chucked the pencil back at him.

"Miss Tinley!" Langley shouted in shock turning away from the whiteboard. Her face was rimmed with fear, like Andy and I were going to start having a cat-fight in the middle of her room, and in the process disrupt 'the peace'. She must be a pacifist. I most certainly am not.

"He threw it first!" I pointed quickly to a smirking Andy. "And by the way, I have no idea and we study environmental health idiot." Andrew gave me a thumbs up and I rolled my eyes. Why did I like him again? Oh yeah...he's got a gorgeous tan body and sun-kissed blondhair with chestnut brown eyes. The poster-child for California, or in our case Florida. I turned to the kid beside me, my curiosity getting the best of me. "So what's your name again?" He turned to me and I regretted asking. His face was hard and cold, like he'd been through a million wars and storms and didn't know the meaning of getting a break in life. I felt my heart throb in pain by just seeing him. I had to admit he was beautiful...more beautiful than Andy even, but in a more natural way, not in a fake spray-tan highlighted hair, football player way. He had deep fawn chocolate brown colored hair that called my hands through it, and his eyes were a sparkling blue-green, though they looked worn out, like he hadn't slept last night. He was muscular from what I could see but his clothing was tattered and covered his skin completely. Ouch, he wasn't my type. He didn't have money, and that was practically a requirement when it came to being with Tinley's. But....he seemed so...