Code X-13: Blackout

Seventeen year old Krysten Wells has never faced something worse than the situation she is in now. She has been on the run for almost two years from something that has wiped out ninety-three percent of the human race, and the remaining survivors have been starting to disappear, one by one.

The odd thing is that there are no bodies. There haven't been since the raid at one of the warehouses back in Louisville, Kentucky. Krysten starts to get suspicious of this occurance and decides to venture out of her group's hide-out in the dark forests towards the city of Wichita, Kansas.

Unlike her friends and comrads, Ms. Wells never changed into a vicious wild animal. She was still 'human,' if that's what you would call it. And when she is seen by a young male (human-like species known as the X-Alphas), her fate is changed from bad to worse.

How was she suppose to know that a hunter had followed her to camp?

A few days had passed since Krysten was seperated from the others, and it seemed that she was heading in a southward direction. Once again, her life was starting to fall apart around her.

Krysten encounters an X-Alpha named Xavier Genesis and is taken to a nearby camp site where his comrads were holding up for the night.

The X-Alphas were suprised to see the girl looking so calm and peaceful, unlike the other humans they had found, and decide to put her up against one of their own to prove that she's either a human or an X-Alpha.

Is Krysten Wells able to escape from her fate once again, or is this the end of the line?