10.5. Count Down in the Background

----------  Meiling Pov ----------

It's been two days since I began searchin' for Imouto-Sama and so far, I've only came up empty handed. I checked The Hakurei shrine, Marisa's house, the palace of the earth spirits, the Buddhist temple, The forest around the scarlet mansion, the youkai mountain alongside the shrine that sits on top of it, the bamboo forest and I've even gone as far as to check the sun flower garden but nothing. I've even gone as far as to check all these locations two or three times but that only lead to me hitting a dead end.

At this point, I'm not even sure how long I have left before my short "vacation" ends which was suppose to last for only one day but so far, no one has caught on that I've been sneaking out of doing my duties in order to look for Imouto-Sama but I don't think I'll be able to do this for much longer before I have to go back to guardin' the mansion gate. Who knew that looking for a vampire could be this hard? It's way more exhausting than my usual 24 hour naps I take from time to time at the gate.

The only place I haven't bothered to check was the human village and for good reason too cus there's no way Imouto-Sama would be stickin' there. There's no way a human would just agree to help her out seeing as how famous she is in the village for all the wrong reasons but then again, what other option do I have...

Besides, I'm already here so I might as well have a look around and see if there's anything interesting going on. Making my way down the trafficked streets, I glanced from place to place, making sure to scan each building as well as person as I walked past them in hopes that something would come up but no luck such luck, all I managed to achieve by doing that is get a appetite for something to eat thanks to all the food stalls that I past by. Guess it can't be helped, I might as well go and grab a snack before continuing my search. Approaching one of the food stalls, I was greeted by the person running the stand right I approached them to make my order.

"Scuse me, could I get a... uhh..." I said with my voice quickly trailing off as I looked at the sign with all the options I could choose from which ranged from fried fish to some made up word called burger, whatever that means.

"So what will it be?" The cook asked patiently with a smile on my face as I stared down at the wide array of options that I could choose from.

"Hm... Do you guys have any Chinese food?" I asked as I looked up at the cook who simply yet regrettably shook their head sideways sadly.

"Aw shucks... Alright then I'll have the streak... Actually, I'd want the sausages or wait no, I want-" I kept on changing my mind slowly confusing the cook but right as I was about to tell them my final decisive decision.

"-A LAWYER PLEASE!" A voice yelled out from somewhere not too far away. Turning my head to the direction from where I heard the voice, I was met with a huge crowd of people which piqued my interest and not even a moment later, I was digging my way through the crowd out of curiosity but deep down, I had a guilty feeling that it might have been Imouto-Sama.

Once I made my wat into the inner circle of the grouped up crowd, all my worries vanished as I saw Keine as well as four guards escort a fairy with a jester hat as well as a striped and starred shirt, out of a building and in the direction of one of the exits of the village all the while the crowd cheered things like

"PUNISH HER!"

Or

"TO HELL WITH THAT YOUKAI!"

Or even

"MAKE HER PAY FOR ALL THAT SHE HAS DONE!"

You get the point.

"I have the right to call my attorney!" The fairy protested out loud but nobody paid her any attention, especially Keine who was quick to shut her down.