00. Prologue

CASE FILE #070
KANEKO.
"The incident"

Case file number seventy, titled 'Kaneko

Case file number seventy, titled 'Kaneko.' Was an unexplainable enigma that shocked the world of Jujutsu. It had been two years since the incident at Saitama Municipal Urami East Junior High. The only casualty of the incident had been a girl. At least written on the report. The girl had shortly fallen into a deep coma after the incident.

Though after roughly 2 years she had been presumed brain-dead. In a vegetive state in which she would never awake from. Spending the rest of her life depending on a ventilator.

The details of the case were classified at the highest level of the hierarchy, being sealed under the presumptions of the higher-ups. It confused many as to why the highest of sorcerers took such a great interest in a normal girl.

To the blind eye, there was nothing special about her, so why? No one would ever learn the truth of course. It was simply something that was never meant to be shared. Within the years, the incident became history. Life went on as normal.

Yet Gojo Satoru still reminisced over the day. He still vividly remembered it. The great heartache of that snow-fallen winter.

2015

The obnoxious sounds of her chattering classmates brought great annoyance upon Kaneko y/n. The loud murmurs of gossip and scraping chairs gave her a headache. She let out a breath of air before choosing to focus on her fingers, hoping the fixation of the spinning pencil would draw out the sounds around her.

Though her peace didn't last long. The feeling of a hand being placed on her shoulder made y/n let out an exaggerated sigh. She titled her head backward lazily starting at the culprit. Ni-ki, the only tolerable person she knew.

"May I help you Ni-ki? She said, her voice drawing as a mere whisper. The boy nodded before handing her a paper. A flyer for an "all things paranormal" club.

y/n voiced a hum, silently nodding at Ni-Ki. The boy took this as an agreement that she would join and quickly left the classroom retreating to his own.

y/n laid the paper at the corner of her desk. The club would require her to spend energy, more than she needed to. It was a waste but she would join. She already spent valuable energy exorcising curses so why not ghosts too?

She spent the rest of her classes zoning out. It was only when the final bell rang did she finally retreat back to reality. She let out a small yawn as she stretched her arms. Her deep indigo hair fell in front of her eyes obscuring her sight. Though the sound of a slugging noise caught her attention.

y/n dropped her arms turning around. Her gaze narrowed on the strange-looking monster in the corner of the room. Its hideous face disgusting her.

She let out a noise of annoyance, her eyebrows scrunching together. She was honestly never in the mood to deal with the daunting monsters that appeared to her. She wanted nothing more than for the curse to just disappear on its own.

She let out a sigh before placing her belongings into her bag. She patiently waited for most of her classmates to have left before walking toward the corner of the room.

The girl looked at the curse, it was a grade 4, harmless to her. With an arm raise and a swipe the the curse was gone. Its gooey body disintegrating into ash, failing into a small pile on the floor. She probably looked crazy to those around her, but that wasn't new. With that y/n turned to leave.

She chose to ignore the odd looks her remaining classmates gave her, paying no mind to them as she passed by. The hallway was already deserted, as most kids had either gone home or to after-school curricular.

"y/n" At the call of her first name y/n looked up at the end of the hallway to see Gojo Satoru. The pale-haired man stood preaching against the wall; his hands tucked into his pockets.

The girl let out a sigh before walking towards the older male. "Oh come on y/n show a slight bit more excitement to see me."

"Yea no." She said, shaking her head in fake disappointment.

She heard Gojo sigh in defeat, leaning off the wall. She heard his footsteps become closer as he began walking in sync with her. "How was school?" "Normal." "Did you learn anything new?"

"Nope."

They both began walking in comfortable silence. Gojo tried to think of something else to talk about with the young girl. But something caught the corner of his eye, or more a feeling.

Y/N noticed Gojos sudden stop, turning towards him in annoyance. Before she couldn't utter a word, a feeling of terror passed through her. Her mind and body overwhelmed in the feeling of suffocation. Her soul begged for her to move, for her legs to run. Yet she was engulfed in a state of paralyzation. The room around her began to close, feeling cramped and dark.

She wanted to escape, yet she couldn't.

Gojo felt it, the sudden change in the girl's aura. The immense amount of cursed the energy that surrounded her seeping away.

He watched as the girl stood still, her eyes horrified. His fist stayed clenched against his side. His mind trying to keep his body from freezing. The girl's knees gave out, and her body collapsed.

The man instinctually caught her, his hands resting against her back. He let out a sigh, before standing up warping away. The man's feet landed softly on the wooden floor. "Shoko, Kaneko collapsed."

Shoko Ieiri, the resident nurse at Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School. The women looked towards Gojo with a monotone face.

"It disturbs me how calmly you can say those words Gojo."

"She'll be fine."

Shoko motioned for Gojo to place the girl on the bed. "You can leave now Satoru." She murmured before attending to Kaneko.

He was foolish to believe she'd be ok, especially after feeling the immense amount of cursed energy that resided in her disappear completely.

2 YEARS LATER

2017

Gojo Satoru sat peacefully eating the ramen he had just ordered. Taking in the various flavors, though his peace was interrupted at the sound of his ringing phone.

"Shoko! What do you-"

"Kaneko y/n is awake."

A/N: Hi. The lowercase-tion of "y/n" is fully intended. This is an x reader as you can see though the only thing described is the hair color (it will be the only that is described of appearance ) N e ways how are you? I really hope you enjoyed the prologue and stick around around!!

EDIT: I've decided to continue this book due to JJK S2 coming out in July :D