Part III

I was scared and didn't know what to do. We were all brought in a space and were made to line up close to the wall.

I felt the cold sweat making its way from my forehead to my chin and dripping off. I felt it, the danger which was approaching me... Soon a fat man in all white came into the room along with some others.

They all had the same masks as the guards from before except that piggy.  He walked across each one of us and started speaking…

"So, you are the new rats for this month hmm?" He was slowly walking and the distance between me and him narrowed.

"Since you all look vulnerable, I'll start a bit easy on you" as he continued a disgusting smirk started to form on his filthy mug.

All my senses were screaming at me to run away with all my might, but the pressure and fear didn't allow me to budge an inch…

I was taken to the lab and tied up to chair. One dude checked the monitor while the other adjusted the equipments placed on me…

It was only a starting, they began with checking my physical conditions.

After that it was as if after the appetizer was over, they started to gobble up the main course… Without letting even the tiniest bit of their time get wasted, they started feeding and injecting me a bunch of meds and fluids.

That was it... One hell of a ride. Where I only remembered only the beginning and the rest were blur because of the anaesthesia.

I was then brought back to the cell and locked up again.

It was already night and I was still in a trance.

I got on the bed blankly and laid on my back staring at the ceiling which was barely visible in the tiny glimmer of moonlight coming through the window.

I slowly regained my senses… and I started to feel weird as I could clearly feel the dampness even after turning myself into a burrito with the sheets.

The darkness gave me chills while the silence made it worse. My bad habit started to flare and I began overthinking.

And along the weird sequenced of thoughts I came to think about the predecessor of mine who used this room before…

It would be a lie if I told I was still calm after that…

I was scared outta my wits and couldn't sleep a blink. The obvious fact that that dude was dead started to haunt me.

I thought my habit will help me get used to it soon and I'll be indifferent to it.

But the results were not according to what I expected.

As days passed, I didn't make any progress. My surroundings impacted me and my insomnia started getting worse…

Hate, pity, grudge, anger, sorrow, hopelessness… All the emotions that I never cared about, slowly took control over me…

I was being overwhelmed. And there was no means I could use in order to make myself normal…

I couldn't take it anymore and felt like I'd lose control of myself. I wished I at least had a music player…

My moodiness became worse and my desire to escape grew bigger day by day.

And then I met her....

------------------------
Words count: 553