10 Seconds

EYO WASSUP HOMIES THAT 10 SECOND REUNION LITERALLY GAVE ME AN IDEA LMAO

ANYWAYS SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED EPISODE 105 OF JOURNEYS.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Enjoy~

____________________________________

10 seconds.

That's all it took for Serena to remember why she fell for the boy. The boy who was slowly getting farther and farther from her. But she continued to wave, wave at the boy who was waving back at her.

10 seconds were all it took for him to make her smile. Smile as he tells her about the championship, and as she tells him her journey.

She waves and waves and waves. Not caring about her aching arm, while she watch the ship get smaller and smaller. At this point all she could see was its silhouette as it sails to the sun set. It was getting dark now but she stayed. Stayed at the same spot. Watching them go. Watching him go.

Was this what it felt like when he had to watch her go?

It was bittersweet, but she didn't let it get her down. Frankly it was the opposite.

She knows they'll meet again. He knows that he will see her again.

They both know and so they let each other go for now.

10 seconds was all it took.

For him to remember how her smile gave him the energy to go on. The way her eyes twinkle while she listened to his story. Her hair grew longer, he silently pointed out, it looked good on her.

It was brief but he was glad he could see her again.

He watches her wave at him. Smiles at the way she stared at him while he got farther and farther away. He hopes she knows that he's staring back at her, no matter how far they are.

His long time friend and partner, Pikachu, nuzzles his cheeks against his. Ash chuckles and pats his partner's head.

"I'm fine buddy", he says.

It's the truth he will be fine. Because this isn't the last time.

A performer and a champion. Both striving for their dreams on different paths. Facing hardships and battles along the way. Growing into their own person as they continue on.

But despite it all they both will remember each other. The girl with the straw hat and the boy with the blue handkerchief.

Two souls bound into one.

It was only 10 seconds but it was enough to give it meaning. A reminder. A hope. A promise.

No matter the distance.

No matter how far they have gone.

Both of them will continue to cheer the other on.

Because when one is down the other lifts them up.

And remind them to never give up until the end.