Chapter 6

Victor Harris

"Don't you think its kinda odd," says Jake as he packs his messenger bag.

"What do you mean?" I know who he means.

"The orphan girl earlier, Eliza wasn't it?"

"Yeah, what about her?"

"I mean like don't you find it odd that she scared of us. Me, a doctor and you, a dentist. More you then me."

"I mean some people are afraid of doctors, Jake, especially kids," I say holding the door for him.

While I am concerned about her reaction to us, I didn't really care much for it. You get your usually those who is afraid of doctors and dentists. I mean who wouldn't, needles are scary. So, it didn't really bother me that this girl was afraid of us.

"Ok but she wasn't the usual afraid of us, you know. She was that PTSD deathly afraid type," emphasize Jake.

"So, what you gonna do about it," I stop by our cars and look at him.

Jake always was a softie, hence why he is a pediatric doctor and not a regular one. If hes thinking what I'm thinking, which is adopting this kid, then I could care less. Maybe be hard.

"I wanna see this kid home life." Knew it.

"Then what."

"See if i could foster her."

"Fat chance, she knows you a doctor and most likely want nothing to do with you"

"We'll see, see ya bro."

"See ya," I wave as I watch him leave.

I look up to the sky and I shake my head. Jake is too much of a humanitarian to actually think about his actions and his consequences. Oh well.

A/N
Long time no see 🧍🏾‍♀️. Ok but to bffr, I am going to discontinue this book. I started writing this story when I was in 7th/8th grade. I am now a senior in highschool. So, i have no real desire to continue this book or inspiration. I might post a poetry/short story book here but i don't use wattpad often so 🤷🏿‍♀️. So, this is goodbye.

P.s. almost got hit by a school bus and a car

-Jupiter