You File For Divorce. (part 2.)

Luke: He came home that night with his jaw flexed and his hands into fists, his eyes trained to stay wide open. You knew they'd given him the news while he was at work or with his friends. You knew that he was either embarrassed or angry, maybe even both, and you knew that it was all your fault; but you couldn't find it in yourself to be too bothered about it. Luke had done this to himself. He was the one who was never home, he was the one who had put you through six months of misery by yourself, and he was the one who had been a terrible sport in this marriage. Then again, you couldn't blame it entirely on him. If he was so unhappy as to stay away from home the majority of the time, it means you were doing something wrong yourself; so you had to put half the blame on you. "You're divorcing me, (Y/N)? Really?" Luke scoffs as soon as he enters the kitchen where you sat with your hands clenched together and held under your chin. You'd became more content over the idea of being single again, even with your pregnant belly would be more of a struggle, and your baby being raised by just you by yourself was probably the best thing for it. "Luke, we can't exactly correct all the wrong that's been done in our marriage, and we both know that." you sigh and shake your head, "but, we'll always be a part of each others' lives. Especially because we've got this baby on the way," you place your hand on your belly just as Luke shakes his head and grits his teeth. He couldn't say that he was quite ready to let you go just yet, and he definitely wasn't ready to admit that it was his fault that the marriage had been a complete failure. A deep sigh is let out of his mouth as a hand comes to his hair and clutches it tightly, "I'm so fucking tired of always being the one to mess it up," he mutters.

Ashton: "You still haven't signed these," you sigh to him as you step into the kitchen for breakfast the next morning. After countless of hours of arguing, way up until the early hours of the morning, Ashton had finally calmed down and promised to sign the papers if that's what you wanted; you were here now, staring down at papers that hadn't been touched since he picked them up and put them back together in their right order. "I don't see the need in signing them." he answers back simply, taking a drink of his coffee. You groan loudly and shake your head, leaning against the kitchen counter with your knuckles turning white from your grip against the granite. Of course he was going to act stubborn during such serious times, but that should've been the reaction you expected from Ashton. "Why? You know this is what we need, Ashton." you mumble back, releasing the grip from one hand as you reached up into the cabinets to grab a glass. He laughs from behind you and leans back in his chair, taking in the view of you from behind. You weren't facing him, and he only wished he didn't have to face you so he didn't get weaker with each passing second. "I don't remember once agreeing to us needing a divorce, (Y/N). I'm not ready to let this marriage fall just like that," he whispers. You can't help but freeze at that statement. It was true, he hadn't agreed to your plan of getting divorced, and then again, you hadn't exactly told him of your intentions when you left the house at the same time as him yesterday morning. You were pretty much the one at fault, but if your marriage was failing in the way that you thought it was; it really didn't matter that he hadn't agreed. If you felt it was right, it was the right thing. Right? "Ashton, we really-" you're cut off as he stands up and brings his plate of food to the sink, standing closely to you. "We really need to talk things through before we actually make rash decisions, wife." he says the last word with such emphasis, you're not sure if you're dreaming or not.

Calum: The pen couldn't have been pressed down into the paper any harder than it already was, but your hand kept clenching tighter and tighter around the writing utencil. You were ready to snap it if you got any more angry. A laugh escapes your mouth as you get to the final line to sign and you drop the pen, resting your head in your hands for just a few seconds. "Why is this happening to me?" you whisper aloud, not expecting any type of reply. With a hand pressed against your back and his torso pressed against you, Calum sighs loudly and shrugs his shoulders. "There's really no reason. You just have a really shitty husband who clearly doesn't deserve you. Serves him right that you're divorcing him." he whispers as he takes the seat next to yours, not making eye contact with you whilst your lawyer just stares at him with wide eyes, her glasses practically sliding off her eyes each time he glances in his direction. "Sorry to be late," Calum says, "I had to go get a few things picked up before I came here." he says. You scoff and shake your head, knowing he was probably off with his mistress before he came here. He was just that type of guy, and you were ready to accept that fact now that your paperwork was half way done. Calum shakes his head and signs the paperwork all the way down to the last line, stopping just as you had. "What're you doing?" you ask him, your voice hoarse. He shrugs his shoulders and clicks the top of the pen over and over, biting his lip as he was deep in thought. He truly didn't know what he was doing or why he was letting this all happen. All he really wanted was to apologize to you and try to make up for what he'd done, but he knew that wasn't possible in any way. "I guess I'm just giving you what I can to make you happy, since I haven't been that good at it in the past three years." Calum finally says after a few seconds, and your heart feels like it's been ripped from your chest and thrown into the streets. He smiles sadly as he finishes his part of the paper work and stands up, kissing your head before exiting the room. He was just as hurt as you, and you felt like a dog for putting him through this.

Michael: "(Y/N)," he speaks your name as if it were a secret yet to be shared with the world, "your mother's here to help you get some of your things." he finishes, and your tears almost instantly fall down your cheeks as you nod your head and bend to pick up some of the boxes. You laugh and shake your head at yourself; this was just perfect. Now your mother was here to see you being depressed and broken in half about something that you'd wanted so badly only to be brought down in a failure. You shake your head and tug the box down the steps, staring at the bottom at the woman who'd brought you through every rought time you'd ever had in your life. Here she was again, standing tall and strong for you because she knew you couldn't. "Mom, hi." you whisper softly as you pull her into a hug, spotting Michael standing outside at the back of her car with his arms crossed over his chest. Shit, he was probably going to want to talk to you about things and you weren't entirely sure that you were ready to bring things into observation, especially with him. She releases you from the hug and smiles sadly at you. "Go talk to him, sweetie. I'll get the rest of your things, okay?" she kisses your temple and walks off to the upstairs. With a sigh and shrug of your shoulders, you walk outside and meet Michael, your teeth gritted and your fists clenched together out of nervousness. "This isn't necessary, right?" you ask him with a sarcastic tone, and Michael laughs and nods his head. "I know it's not, but I just want to spend every last second with you that I can." he says. Your eyes start burning again, and you know in just a few short seconds, you'll be crying into his arms. It was harder than you thought trying to divorce from him, especially since you loved him so very much. You didn't want to have to let all of this go, but you knew that you had to in order for the both of you to be happy in the ways that you wanted to be. "Why are we doing this to ourselves?" you whisper, bringing your hands to his face in one last attempt to calm yourself. Michael bites his lip and stares down at you. "Because neither of us will admit that it's not what we need and we're to stubborn to believe that we're actually happy," he says honestly. Fuck, he was completely right.