Chapter TWO: Suspicious Mind - High School Life

Somewhere in the world, something was cooking, but the ingredients were missing.....

The sun was shining and the warm breeze came through the plastic meshed window. At summer approaches, warm air comes down the mountains, so warm that mosquitoes multiply like crazy. We had to stop that. Mr plastic window mesh was brought to work. For just summer hot and humid days. Tired of having to install it, it was left on for almost a decade. I think that was a long time. Mr plastic window mesh was about to retire.

As well as our Dad. Dad immigrated to another country, leaving with only a few clothes on an a big hope of proper in a country he didn't even thought of. Dad was brave. Embarked on a boat not knowing where it was to sail across the ocean to a different country, a different culture, a different every thing. Dad was young, there's nothing gonna stop him. Dad made a promise to his brother. They were to keep in touch to share their experiences. It never happened. They didn't know where they were going. Dad all of the sudden was alone on the other side of the world. Nobody he knew was to welcome him, nor give him the warming welcoming hug from a family member. He was alone again.

Dad was lucky. Never faced a bad weather during sailing. Dad didn't cried when leaving. His excitement was so big, Dad though life on the other side of the world was going to be better than where he was currently living.

The government was really hard on the Chinese population, back in the day. Money snd food was scarce. I remember hearing Dad yelling and screaming during his nightmares. Listening to him pleading for mercy during his nightmares was heartbreaking. We all tried to help him and at the same time block it, but inadvertently, these nightmares were eating him from inside out. He missed his parents so bad.

I knew he was ready to leave us when he said his patents were coming to visit him. He was not going to let them be away. He left with then.

The round trip came true for him. He was not alone anymore. No more suffering.

Only love, hugs, happiness.

No more worries.

My brother saw him leaving with his parents hand with hand. Dad inhaled and exhaled, a big one let the last Hope disappear in the air, cold already of his hospital bed. Dad didn't mind to leave us. We are adults, two of us already married and had kids.

I regret no having enjoyed Dad's company when I could. Damm.

Now I tell everyone- enjoy your Dad's company now. U don't know what you are missing.

I never learned to speak Chinese nor brush handwriting, Dad wrote my name- flower of the mountain' I remember. He wrote it in king piece of paper. Looking back at it, the more I hate myself. Dad had the art running on his veins, that I inherited, but never nurtured that. Too busy on my teenager stuff, dreaming of my anime heroes, music and food. I was more interested on UK music and friends. I was a weird do studying in a Roman Catholic school. I was a misfit for classes, straight up spiky black hair punk style, vivid bright red lips. I remember seeing the nuns walking by me and touching my straight spiky hair. After they just ran away mischievously laughing and covering their mouths, so nobody could notice their mischievous laughing.

Anyways, had to go to school, so I could make my parents happy. I just quietly followed school's rules. If I behave I would be ok