Between The Battle Lines- The Truth

Okay so you all can freely hate me for not uploading in forever but I have my reasons!

Anyways enjoy and tell me, people whom I have never met, what you think!!

Copyright@2011

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Between The Battle Lines- The Truth-

Jake’s POV:

            I stood there shocked for a few seconds. That’s what the big horrible rumor was?  They all thought she killed her family? That was ridiculous! From what I’ve seen so far, even if she has some serious trust issues, Shay wasn’t a violent person and she seemed really loyal. She may be fierce at times but she was just as fragile. Giving Shay’s family a look of disgust, I ran up the stairs to follow her. I heard muffled sobs coming from her room. I softly opened the door to the sight of her bawling on her bed. It’s the same kind of helpless crying she did during that lightening storm. I couldn’t just stand there and watch her cry her heart out.

             Climbing onto the bed, I pulled Shay into my lap. She gave me a weak smile before snuggling closer and sobbing harder.

            “Shhh… it’s okay. Don’t worry; I won’t let anyone harm you.”

At that she looked up. “I didn’t kill my family.”

“I know. There’s no way a six year old could kill her family, unless she was pure evil. Knowing you, I know you wouldn’t ever harm your family.” I whispered comfortingly in her ear.

Flashing me a grateful smile, she sat up. Wiping her eyes, her smile turned cold and bitter.

“They were already dying when I found them…” her voice broke.

“Shhh… You don’t have to tell me.”

“No. I need to tell someone. You have been housing me, you deserve to know the truth.” Stubbornly she continued, “There was a thunder storm that night. I was only six years old at the time, so I looked towards my parents for comfort. I usually go to my brother but tonight I decided to let him sleep.” A single tear ran down her face but she brushed it away impatiently. “I ran in their room and jumped under the covers. The covers were sticky but I took not notice as I saw a shadow was creeping out of the window. The figure turned and laughed at me, as I screamed, realizing what the stickiness was. It was blood. Hurriedly I looked over at my parents. I noticed they were deathly still. My mom was already gone but my attention turned to my father who was still clinging on and had time to whisper something before he too joined my mother.” Her voice broke once more but she cleared her throat and moved on.

“He said “Alana be a good girl. Your mother and I love you with all of our hearts. Don’t ever forget that.” Heaving a big rattling sigh, he too passed away. I then screamed. I screamed in anger at the intruder, the blood, but most of all, for my parents. My screams brought the palace to life and my brother was the first one there. He didn’t say a word, just took my away from their bodies and held me tightly. I don’t remember much of what happened after that. My brother held me for most of it. He was trying to be strong for me but I will never forget that look in his eyes. He was as shocked and sad as me yet his face portrayed no emotion. Only his eyes gave him away. They were completely dead and drained of all life as if he didn’t know if he could live on. I had hoped I would never have to see that look in his eyes again but as always my wishes never come true.

Years later I saw that same look in his eyes as I held his dying body on the battle field. I was acting as a nurse because my brother wouldn’t let me fight. I had been caring for patients left and right, the shock of seeing their mangled bodies had worn off. The whole time there however, I could only worry about my brother. We had already been a bunch of fights but I always worry. There was a thunder storm that day but I hardly noticed as I worked with the patients.” She paused, gathering her thoughts together. “Anyways, he was carried in on a stretcher. He whispered my name before peacefully drifting away.”

She sat there after finishing, not saying a word. I gathered her in my arms once more, not really sure what to say. I was actually surprised that she let me hold her but I guess after all that grief and pain, anyone would be in the need of comfort.

“Sorry for spilling all of this on you. I’m not sure why I told you, it’s just that I felt the need to share.” She whispered softly, while letting me pull her down.

“It’s alright. I’m glad you told me. I promise I won’t tell anyone.”

“You don’t have to promise, I believe you.” I sighed softly but inside I was cheering. I’m glad she trusts me even a little bit. She didn’t need to worry; I wouldn’t tell a soul what happened to her. It was her story to share, not mine.

Lying there, with my arms around her, I could finally hear her soft snoring. I was really starting to like this girl. Even if she was a stubborn as can be and she keeps on trying to run away. I can’t believe I’m admitting this but I really am starting to like her. Despite her hard and painful past, she didn’t let that keep her down. She was brave in front of danger and never let her guard down. Even though I wish she would let her guard down around me a little more, I understood that she had some trust issues that she wasn’t going to get over anytime soon.

----------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the palace

            “I can’t believe that wretched girl is still alive!” screamed a woman clad in silk robes.

A man in an expensive suit hushed her.

            “Now now, we mustn’t wake the guards and let them know of our frustrations.” He said calmly. “Alana will be dealt with soon enough. We must have patience.”

            “Don’t you dare tell me to have patience, Gregory! I have waited eight years for that girl to come out of hiding. I want her dead, quickly, so we can be done with this.” The woman snapped.

            “Matilda, if you want her dead without any suspicion, you are going to have to be patient. Besides, rumor has it that Prince James has claimed her as his soul mate. We must dispose of him first.” Gregory said matter-of-factly.

            “Alright, just get it done.” Matilda sighed. “I don’t want a re-hap of what happened with her parents.”

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Alright I know it was short but I thought you would like it better if I uploaded sooner than like a couple more weeks later with a little bit longer chapter!

VOTE

COMMENT

ALL THAT JAZZ!!!

Hehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe jk I wasn't actually laugh that much...