CHAPTER ₉

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

˗ˋ☁ ☁ ☁'˗

Wynter wipes the crimson blood off of her precious blade.

It appears she does have the heart to do something, which she proves after stabbing him through his throat.

As she strolls through the halls memories come back, memories she doesn't want. Wynter stops in her tracks as she approaches the room. It is always locked using a security system, which when she discovered her powers didn't do much for her parents.

It was used for discipline. When they declared she was acting out they would throw her in there.

"Tch," she grumbles rolling her eyes. She cuts off the system once more using her strength which leads to blood from her nose trickling down her face.

She shoves the door open with her foot with as much force as she can give. With the flickering lights illuminating her way through the darkroom, she slowly steps in cautiously just in case they have another surprise for her. But she stops soon as she comes in contact with a covered crib in the middle of the cold room.

She turns to the side seeing a familiar hunched-over sleeping figure. She dashes over to the corner of the room seeing her husband sleeping. She runs her fingers up and down his face feeling him for what seems like forever.

Feeling something, he jolts awake to see his wife in front of him. They both stare at each other before he desperately grabs her figure pulling her into a long-awaited hug. "Baby I missed you!" He says with tears prickling in his tired eyes. But he quickly stiffens, "What are you doing here? You have to leave it's not safe."

She smiles softly at his worrying, putting a finger over his lips, "I handled it."

He looks at her with tears gently rolling down his face, "You sure?"

She nods squeezing him once more, "I missed you so much but," she breaks the hug and looks at the crib then back at him, "The baby?"

He smiles and stands up wobbling a bit, as it has been some time since he is on his feet, and walks over to the crib gently grabbing a toddler out. "Hey baby there is someone I want you to meet," he talks to the baby lifting it in the air and then back down.

He makes his way towards her sitting on the dirty floor and putting the toddler on his lap. She glances back and forth between him and the baby getting nervous and shuffles in front of him looking at the toddler in his lap.

"Is that," she pauses looking up at her husband's face, "Aida?" He nods smiling at his wife's curiosity as Aida makes grabby hands at him.

"Hey, uh Chan Ming can I hold her please?" Wynter asks.

He smiles, "Of course, you remember how right?" She nods as she remembers the times in her room practicing. She gently picks up Aida from Chan Ming's lap and Aida puts her tiny hands-on Wynter's face and makes a giggling noise. Wynter freezes at the foreign touch of affection from Aida and cracks a smile leading the toddler to smile back.

"You doing great baby!" Chan Ming cheers his wife on.

She chuckles kissing Aida's small forehead and turning to her husband with a more serious look, "We've got to go."