falling for you, again (4)

It kept happening – the random wishes to kiss Lisa.

Jennie got better at holding them back for Lisa's comfort – she didn't need to be confused any further, and yet the more she suppressed the more distressed she felt. This sort of feeling she was very much acquainted with, and she loathed the reminder.

Is this her nineteen-year-old pining Jennie?

Must have been the worst year of my life.

Jennie swore she felt her present/future self smack her upside the head, add that to the demanding voice she heard, or sensed, or felt in her subconscious – one of those things, Jennie isn't sure which one - that seemed a lot like the present/future version of herself.

It was the best. You got Lisa Manoban.

The kisses may have stopped, but Jennie's already loose dialogue was another weakness.

She had been tired, guard especially down, when the alarm went off. It was who fucking knows o'clock in the morning and Liss had rehearsal from that awful hour because of her upcoming concert.

"Lisa – alarm," Jennie slurred sleepily as she shook Lisa's shoulder, the alarm on her side of the bed. She rolled over and pulled the duvet over her head, groaning into the pillow, "baby, turn it off."

Lisa stirred and slammed her hand down on the snooze button after a few unsuccessful attempts, mumbling groggily. "Mm, sorry."

Jennie was fairly sure Lisa had been too tired to even notice her slip up. The term of endearment had rolled off her tongue so nicely she had wanted to say it again. She bit said tongue.
-

"But Rosie, it's university holidays – "

"I said no. There is no way on this earth that I'd ever go on that roller coaster. No – no means no Kim Jisoo!"

Rosie was looking pale and nauseous. The last ride hadn't agreed with her so she was sitting the next one out. "I'll wait with Irene."

Jisoo groaned with exasperation as she faced the others. "You will right, Jennie?"

"Yeah, course." Jennie laughed as she eyed the main attraction of the amusement park and her heart beat faster with excitement. She loved the rush of adrenaline and flip in her stomach when she was in free fall. It was the best.

"Lisa, will you?"

Jennie turned to face Lisa who was standing beside Irene, looking like she wanted to be anywhere but in this conversation. "Um..."

"Please?" Jisoo begged. "Don't make us go by ourselves. We need you too!"

Jennie watched as hesitation filled Lisa's eyes, glancing up at the huge drop in the roller coaster. "But I hate heights and it's so..."

"Jennie will hold your hand." Jisoo teased and Lisa rolled her eyes, pink warming her cheeks.

Jennie shoved her hands into her jacket pockets and then blanched when she realised just how it seemed. Lisa looked away awkwardly and Jennie wanted to kick herself. She wouldn't mind holding Lisa's hand, to be quite honest. Her own face flamed at the thought.

"Fine, let's just – whatever." Lisa huffed.

The three of them lined up at the roller coaster and Lisa complained the entire time, nervously bouncing on her feet and chewing on her lip. By the time they got to the front of the line, she was shaking with nerves.

"Fuck, that's high." She gaped as she sat down beside Jisoo and Jennie, pulling the restraints down and gripping onto it tightly, knuckles white.

Jennie felt rather bad when she saw how terrified Lisa looked. "Lis, if you want to back out, now would be the time."