[RUBY ROUNDHOUSE/MARTHA KAPLY IMAGINE]

Word count: 403

A/N: "Ruby" is Martha because we can't really know how is Ruby like if she isn't Martha (apart from "the killer of men" and all her skills), but the reader doesn't know that. I hope you like it!

Prompts: A27. "Not that song, turn it off now!" and A94. "Don't tempt me."

But the more you spent time with Martha, who was Ruby in your head, you seemed to break boundaries with your program. You weren't someone who repeated the same things over and over again - you laughed at jokes and called them your friends. Sometimes you laughed at something, before your face became blank and you stared into the nothingness, before a smile was spreading on your face again and you acted like a game character for a bit. Like you had just encountered a bug.

Spencer had said it was impossible for you to break through your programming, to start thinking like a real person. But Martha wasn't so sure about that.

So when Ruby was watching you inspecting the components you always had in your suitcase, you turned to your friend. "Hey, Ruby? Put some music on."

She cocked her head. "What kind of music do you like?"

"I don't... know." you stared at the nothingness again for a bit before a grin appeared on your face within nanoseconds. "You can choose."

"Don't tempt me." she teased and you scoffed playfully.

You gestured towards the radio as you took your screwdriver and started to alter Doctor Bravestone's boomerang. "Just put some good music on."

She seemed to think for a minute, before she thought about the most annoying song ever heard and grinned as she turned the tuner, and the game found it.

"Not that song, turn it off now!" you exclaimed as you lunged for the radio as PPAP had boomed through the speakers for a while and she laughed, stepping in front of the radio as you covered your ears, already knowing that Apple-Pen, Pineapple-Pen would be chanting itself in your head throughout the night. You heard it for the first time and it already had occupied your head.

And that's when you realized it - for the first time ever, you had experienced genuine feelings, you had your own thoughts, that was new and... you were both excited and scared. Ruby was someone who wasn't the Ruby you had known your entire life, but the new Ruby was changing you. You just weren't sure what had changed.