Chapter 4. The kill

Chapter 4. The kill.

"What shit are you on?" questioned Peter looking more violent then ever yet confused, the muscles in his upper arms flexing. He knew what was coming.

I felt for the razor in my tongue. "Peter watch out!" I shouted and pointed, he turned his head right on schedule and I lunged myself at him. I pushed him against the caged door and he grunted in sharp pain. I clawed at his face leaving slight cuts on his cheeks. He struggled to get me off him but managed to. I was shoved against the back wall in the small cell. I yelped out and kicked him between the legs with my shin. He hunched over and before he could recover I kneed him in the jaw.

Peter was on his knees and spitting blood. I stood above him and pulled out the razor from under my tongue. I smiled and lowered it against his neck. But before he could make any sort of attempt to stop me or even to scream for help, my hand moved across his neck and I felt his warm gooey blood flow onto my hand. He fell to the ground with a thud.

I inhaled deeply and tilted my head to the side. A familiar rush of adrenaline started to pump in my veins. Only but a million memories of good old times in my high school flooded back into my mind.

Of course they were only good for me, not for my classmates and teachers...

I closed my eyes and remembered every single one of the gruesome murders I had committed what seemed to happen not so long ago.

...The screams of pleading teens...

...The shock and fear in the teachers' eyes...

...The thrill of it all, and the wicked smile that always played around my lips...

I was going back to that now.

I shot my eyes open and knelt down to scan for the keys around Peters black leather belt. If I was going to run and get caught by an impossible chance, then I'd need an excuse.I grabbed the ring of keys and ran out of my cell to the one beside it. Not looking at the inmates inside it I twisted the key in the cell door and took off to the next one.

The prisoners in the cell instantly started to question,"What the hell is goin' on?" But made their minds up pretty quickly.  "I'm taking my chances! Lets get outta here."

When I opened the next cell, the prisoners were already out and running down the massive hall that had on each side a what looked like an endless row of steel cells. They sprinted to the very end and forced the double doors open.

I turned my attention back to freeing more inmates. Getting around to them all would be pointless, I would only be wasting time. The siren of alert would ring soon.

"BEEEPP!!! BEEEPP!!! BEEEPP!!!" I rolled my eyes. There it went. Dropping the keys into a running prisoners hands I sprinted off as fast as I could to the exit door to the yard were at least twenty or thirty prisoners have climbed over the barbed fence.

But then, all of a sudden I felt someone grab hold of my wrist and pull me back. I moaned at the delay and tried to pull my hand away from whoever was holding it.

"No! Stop! The guards are going to find out that everyone is escaping. They'll catch you and you'll only make life more difficult for yourself." It was boy. Around my age with short light brown hair and a thoughtful face. I managed to pry my wrist away from him.

"You don't get chances like these everyday. So stop being a sissy and get the hell out!" I yelled and turned back for the door. I couldn't waste anymore time. I glanced back at the boy who had his back to me and was already running the opposite direction of the escape route.

I noticed that a few people were laying on the ground and some were even loosing blood. Good. It was nice to know that chaos was already spreading. Just like I wanted.

Passing a stack of giant rusty crates I sprinted outside into the twilight lit evening. It was cold, and the sun was already down but still a slight bit of it could be seen behind those houses that I saw earlier. My breathing was quick and deep, white steam came out of my mouth with each breath.

But then, when I was about to follow some inmates to words the fence, a flash of light hit me in the face and I staggered back covering my arm over my eyes. The shouting and yelling of the prisoners instantly stopped and all you could hear was the steady sound of the alarm.

"Prisoners, proceed back inside your cells." A man said threw a speaker and a domino effect of shot guns being reloaded meant sure business. I gritted my teeth and opened my eyes.

This could not be happening! I roared inside my head. The guards were supposed to be off today. And I didn't mention the plan to anybody so how the hell did they find out?!

The anger that was raging inside of me I couldn't hold in any longer.

I threw back my head and roared at the top of my lungs, "AGH!" There were a few gasps and whispers but I chased them away with one deadly glare. Clutching my hands into fists I whipped around and stomped back threw the exit door. All of a sudden my vision started to blur and become rigid.

My shoulders started to shake from the tension in my arms. There was nobody inside the prison to take my anger out on. But threw my faint vision I saw a lonely giant crater stand beside the other staked ones. I gave it a quick glare and ran up to it and kicked it with all my might.

What did I expect? A broken leg? A shattered into tiny pieces foot? I didn't think that one through.

The blow that I impacted on the crate sent it flying into the air and across the massive hall. It smashed against the back, at least a two story house in length, wall and fell to the ground with an ear piercing bang.

I blinked at the site and an expression of wonder and surprise covered my face. I shivered as a wave of adrenaline rushed threw my body. And then the anger was gone.

That crate must have weighed dozens of tones. So how could I, a fifteen year old delinquent, fling it across an enormous hall let alone not even feel pain after the blow. I felt my foot over the shoe I was wearing with my hand. Nothing. Not even one tiny bit of pain did I feel. Sure, I was strong and I might not have looked like it, that was a fact I couldn't deny, but I was. Even so, I hadn't had the strength to do that. Nobody would.

A herd of loud footsteps were behind me. The inmates were in no understanding of what the sound had been but knew by the looks of things that I was the one responsible. A man in his late forties with a grey beard and long hair with a bandanna around his head came up to me.

"Little girl, I seen you open all those cages." He said in a hushed smokers voice. I turned my head to face him. "That was nice trick you pulled on that guard Peter. But tell me, what do we do now?" A couple of others made an uneven circle around us. I looked around at them all.

"Nothing," I said with bitterness in my voice," unless you can't to get killed." I glanced back over my shoulder, the exit doors were being closed and a group of guards started pushing the prisoners back into their cells.

I walked back to my small cold cell and closed the barred door behind me. I sat down on the slightly, as usual, damp bed and stared up at the stone ceiling.

I had no idea of how I flung the giant crate across the hall. But one thing I knew for sure was that the guards couldn't have found out about the escape.

There must have been rat who told them...

And I thought I had a pretty good idea of who it was too.