Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I lay on the soft sand looking up at the baby blue sky, every so often I would have to move a little as the sand started to burn. The sun was shining brightly in the sky and there wasn't a cloud in sight. The sound of the waves rolling up the beach was peaceful and relaxing. The laughter of children in the background making a smile form on my face. I could lay here on the beach forever just in blissful silence.

The boys were at a studio rehearsing for the night ahead and the rest of the gang was there too but I had other ideas. Today I wanted to spend some time alone, the rest of the group understood this and let me be.

I must have looked strange laying on the beach alone but it didn't bother me. Deciding that the burning sand was too much for me now, as the sun had reached its height and was burning down dangerously hot, I sat up and shuffled backwards to prop myself up against the rocks the shade covering me from the heat. I took the chance to remove my sunglasses and observe my surroundings in their true colours. The beach was packed with families, small kids running around with smiles plastered on their faces or ice-cream, either way it was cute to see.

Sandcastles were built, a picture was taken and then the child proceeded to knock it down. It kind of resembles my life.

My life has been built up, I've made new friends, memories and formed a relationship. I've laughed, smiled, forgiven and forgotten. I've joked, pranked and gotten revenge. The paparazzi have taken the photos for most of my memories, not my mother or another family member but I know they would if they could. All that's left now is for my own sandcastle of a life to be kicked down. I've been through this process before and the breakdown is never easy. This time however, I'm more optimistic about the outcome. Maybe I'll be one of the few sandcastles that are left and the water breaks them down gently. The softer break down seems like the better option.

I was so immersed in my thoughts that I failed to notice someone sit down beside me and it was only when they let out a fake cough that I was dragged back to the real world.

I looked up at the person sat beside me, male, brown hair, about my age.

"Hey sorry if I startled you" he said, his accent showing he is from Australia.

"Don't worry you did quite the opposite I didn't even notice you" I said, my eyes focused on the distant horizon as I watched a ship make its way across looking like a measly speck when in reality it was probably a huge cruise ship filled with people enjoying a holiday.

"I've been watching you for a while, which isn't as creepy as it seems honestly, I'm helping my dad out he's a lifeguard here. The temperature is so high we have to keep an eye out for people who may become dehydrated. I noticed you don't have a drink so" he pulled a bottle of water from the bag he had with him "here you go, it's a little warm you can blame the sun for that one" he laughed

"Thanks" I said taking the bottle from his hand and taking a mouthful, I hadn't realised how thirsty I was until I had the drink. I guess that's how most people become dehydrated

"You've been sat here for a while, you ok?" he asked me.

"Yeah I'm good I just like the view, it's beautiful here" I said with my eyes now fixed on the bottle and the label I was now picking at.

"You're picking at the label, I'm making you uncomfortable" the boy stated. Now that he said that I realised that actually yes, I was a little uncomfortable.

"It's just... I have a boyfriend" I said hoping that I didn't sound like I loved myself and thought everyone was in love with me. I don't consider myself 'beautiful' I consider myself 'average.'