Unexpected Outcome

I woke up at five in the morning on a Saturday, excited for the concert I was going to that day. I jumped out of bed and glanced in the mirror. My dirty blonde hair was just past my shoulder blades and my electric blue eyes were coated in my ruined makeup. I wasn’t the most attractive girl, nor was I conceited but I thought I was a fairly pretty girl. I had straight teeth, I was around 5’6 and I was skinny. Not anorexic skinny, but… skinny. I ran my hand through my hair and turned away from the mirror, I slid my feet against the fluffy carpet on my way to the bathroom. My mom and dad were still sleeping, which wasn’t surprising it was Saturday at five in the morning. I couldn’t sleep, I was seeing the one, the only, Ed Sheeran. Live in concert, doing what he does best.

Luckily, I lived in a big house, a huge house. My dad had struck rich as he was a successful producer. I had a huge bedroom, with my own bathroom; my room resembled one that you would find on the internet. I entered my bathroom and turned on the shower, the steam soon filled the room, coating the mirror. I licked my lips and slid out of my clothes; I kicked them into the corner and stepped under the warm stream. I immediately smiled, taking showers was one of my favorite things, and it relaxed me. I massaged my honey shampoo through my straight blonde hair, after I was done showering I stayed in for a few more minutes. When I was satisfied I got out and wrapped my robe around myself. I walked into my bedroom and looked through my closet; I decided to wear a sweat suit until just before the concert. I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen; my mom was yet again, on a health kick. When my mom was on a health kick, we all were. I was an only child. Apparently when I was born my dad decided he wanted to dedicate all his time to me and raising me right. But, when I turned six dad decided to get into the movie industry which took up a lot of his time. My mom raised me really, but I was still a daddy’s girl, I guess when you never see your parents you appreciate them more.

“Hey hunny,” my dad entered the kitchen and smiled at me. I smiled back and kissed his cheek.

“Mom is on a diet.” I moaned and closed the refrigerator.

“Shh, let’s go somewhere.” He smiled at me cheekily and grabbed his keys off the counter. I giggled and followed him into the garage. He backed out and headed down the highway. “So, are you and Alyssa still going to the concert tonight?”

“Yeah, I’m really excited, I couldn’t sleep.” I smiled and pulled my still wet hair into a high bun. My dad nodded and pulled into the Starbucks parking lot. He knew that I loved it, it was my favorite place.

“Hi, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?” the rather obnoxious lady from behind the counter asked.

“Well, I want a grande vanilla bean latte and that muffin.” I told her, gesturing to a muffin behind the glass.

“I’ll have a grande double shot latte, please.” My dad smiled and slid her ten dollars. I smiled up at him and took my drink from the counter when it was done.

“Thanks a-latte!” the obnoxious barista commented.

“Thanks daddy,” I took a sip of my drink and walked out of the glass doors and back to my dad’s BMW.

“You’re welcome, hon.” He exhaled and headed back towards the house. “I have to get to work.”

“Okay, drive safe, hopefully I’ll see you before the concert.” I smiled hopefully and opened the door, he nodded and I walked towards the house. When I walked in I could hear my mom in the kitchen. I slammed the door, alerting her I was home.

“Jordy?” she called out. I nodded and walked into to kitchen.

“Hey mom,” I smiled and kissed her on the cheek. “Dad took us to Starbucks since you were sleeping.”