Chapter 5: Flying Over in the Night

___________________________________________________________________

Sonic was in White Cave. He's been trying to find Sally for hours. He didn't understand where she was.

"Sally?" He said, "Sally! Sal, where are you?!"

He then spotted a shadow.

"Sally?" Sonic asked himself, "Sally!"

Sonic got into a room and saw Sally in a hospital bed. She had a blanket over her. Fear and pressure rose to Sonic's chest.

"Wh-what?!" he said to himself, "S-sal? No...oh, nononononono! Not you, Sal!"

Sonic then felt a metal hand grab him. He saw something emerge from Sally's bed. He saw a robotic version of her.

"Hedgehog alert! Hedgehog alert!" it said, "Must destroy! Must Destroy!"

"NOOO!!!" screamed Sonic.

___________________________________________________________________

Sonic gasped and sat up. Oh, good... he thought, ...it was only a dream. He then remembered that he, Tails, and Knuckles were flying the Tornado to White Cave to find sally.

"Another bad dream, huh, Sonic?" said a voice, Sonic quickly turned to his left and saw Amy sitting on the other side of the plane's wings.

"A-Amy?" said Sonic, "Wh-what're you doing here?"

"While you were asleep, Tails and Knuckles thought that it would be a good idea for me to come with you three."

"Oh...brr...it's pretty chilly...we should be near White Cave if that's the fact. Or we're just pretty high."

"Both, so that way, Eggman can't spot us."

"Yeah...great."

"Having another bad dream?"

Sonic didn't want to admit it. But everyone could tell whether he had a bad dream or not. Because ever since he was knocked out the day Protocol Silent Hill was executed, he had nightmares of what happened during the whole time he was in his coma.

"Y-yeah...I..." Sonic paused, "...*sigh*...just can't stop thinking about...Sally...she's...she's roboticized...a robotic slave only to Eggman...I just hope that there's just one part of her that's in there that still remembers me...and...how much I love her."

Amy's face is saddened, knowing that she'll never end up with Sonic. Maybe she wasn't meant to be with him, maybe she wasn't meant to be with anybody at all. No, she shouldn't think like this, she tried to remind herself that she is trying to help Sonic, support him, even if it means that she can't have a relationship with him even after all that hard work.

"You know...Sonic..." she said slowly, trying to think carefully about what to say to the grieving hedgehog, "...*sigh*...I still remember the day we first met...and I always thought that maybe we were meant to be together...but...then I...realized...*sigh*...that maybe...as it turns out...maybe we aren't. I could see your smiles everyday everytime you went on a date. And I knew that it turned out that you stood by someone else. I agree with you, part of her is still there. I'll be here just for you so you can see her smile again."

Sonic got up and kneeled down to Amy and kissed her cheek. Tails opened one eye and saw it, and a spark ignited as he smiled and fell back to sleep.

"Thank you Amy." said Sonic, gently putting Amy's head on his lap, "Now get some sleep."

The blue hedgehog then looked at the distance. Looking at the sunset.

"We still have a ways to go." he said.

___________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Aww...what a cute slight Sonamy moment! Good man, Sonic, or, good HEDGEHOG, Sonic.