Chapter 2: I Failed?!

Haruka awakens from what she thought was a peaceful slumber as her nose fills with the omnipresent smell of antiseptic. SMOOCH! An unexpected kiss wets her cheek, shocking her into an upright position and almost falling from the sudden blood rush to her feet. An elder woman, the heart of UA: Recovery Girl, stands before her, lips still puckering from the kiss. A throbbing ache erupts in Haruka's head, forcing her to lay back down on the hospital-like bed. A distorted image of green fills her peripheral vision. Midoriya is lying on a bed next to her with his arms bandaged. A man with blonde hair and hollow cheeks stands beside his bedside, his eyes filled with concern like that of a worried father for his child.

"Oh, looks like she's awake," says Recovery Girl, her cane tapping as she gets closer to Haruka, "How are you feeling, Miss Ishida?"

She replies, "I feel fine, just a little woozy." Haruka sits up to get a better look at the older woman. "What happened?" she asks, wondering how she ended up in the school's medical bay.

After grabbing something out of her medicine cabinet, Recovery Girl walks over. She drops gummy candies into Haruka's hands while replying, "You overexerted yourself. That Quirk of yours is a doozy." Her cane taps methodically, resounding throughout the room as she heads back to her chair. "My quirk was hardly of any assistance to you in this situation." She pauses before taking a breath and continuing, "My Quirk stimulates your ability to heal, but healing takes energy. Since your quirk relies on the mitochondria in your cells, which is your body's primary source of energy, I could only restore your power a little bit before I completely drained you." Looking through the documents on her desk, she glances back at Haruka sternly. "Get too many big injuries, your stamina will be shot, and you'll die instead of healing."

Haruka looks back at her in complete shock. She never thought her quirk would cause this much trouble. The thought of her quirk causing her body to degenerate made her feel awful. The sinking feeling in her chest grows stronger the longer she sits there. Her future becomes less obtainable in her mind.

"So try not to overdo it from now on cause I won't be able to help if you get any major injuries," she smirks, trying to keep the room less tense than it was. "You should be fine to go home now. Your sister is outside the door waiting to take you home," she says, pointing her cane in the direction of the door.

The door slams open just as she does this, revealing a very concerned Murasaki. Her eyes widen as she runs to Haruka's side, almost lifting her off the bed. She notices Midoriya across the room and asks Recovery Girl what happened to him.

"He's gonna be out for a bit," she tsks. "It seems his body isn't able to handle his quirk."

Haruka and Muraski both look at her in complete and utter disbelief, simultaneously saying, "What Quirk?"

Unbeknownst to the girls, the blonde man from before starts internally panicking before interjecting, "Seems like young Midoriya here is a late bloomer." The number one hero stares around awkwardly, focusing on something other than the teen girls to appear inconspicuous.

Murasaki is the first to ask the question on both girls' minds, "Excuse me, sir, who are you to Izuku?" Haruka and her sister have never met Midoriya's father, so they wonder if this stranger is whom they speak to.

Despite his outward appearance seeming calm, Toshinori Yagi is mentally concocting a perfect lie that could be considered credible. "I am his Uncle Yagi," he says, sweat dripping down his face, making the room feel degrees hotter than it actually is. "Young Midoriya, what mess have you gotten me in?" He rhetorically thinks to himself.

Murasaki and Haruka had no reason to argue with his statement. Izuku and Inko have been living in the house alone ever since Izuku's father went to work overseas. They've never really seen any of his other relatives.