2. Same Sex

"I fell in love..... With someone of my sex."

It was another hot summer day. Aadhya was standing infront of a convenience store buying her necessities.

"How can the rate of this pen be 20 rupees? It's a use and throw pen and I am taking only one set of them. I should be giving 10 rupees only." Aadhya argued with the shopkeeper.

"Madam this pen is made with a special material. That's why we are selling it in quite a higher price." The shopkeeper said.

"Special material? This pen will get over after using it for only 2 days and you are saying that it's made up of a special material? Did you guys made the ink of this pen using Shrek's pubic hair?" Aadhya said with frustration.

"Listen madam it's a very hot climate and we have no time to fight in such a climate. If you want this product then take it otherwise go to some other shop." The shopkeeper said.

"Not like I am eager to get involved in a fight with you. I am not those orthodox aunties standing on Mumbai metros picking up a fight with every other lady who gets more facilities than her." She said.

"Madam, ₹20 is not a huge amount. Just pay for it and go, I have other costumers as well. You are not my only costumer."

"₹20 is not a small amount! It's huge for so many people. And what do you mean by other costumers? I see nothing here other than those empty cans of soda."

"It's because nobody is willing to come out of the house in this weather and buy stationaries. They are all ordering online. Why don't you do this too?" The shopkeeper said leaving Aadhya completely speechless.

"Wow! I am surprised. You are a shopkeeper who sells stationaries for your own living and you are asking your costumers to buy them online instead of coming here. Why don't you open your online shop? Why are you selling them in this hot weather?" Aadhya raised her voice a little at the end of the sentence.

"Madam you are really getting on my nerves right now. You are a costumer and above that you are a lady which is why I am staying silent now otherwise I swear I would have..."

"What would you have done?" Another voice came from the back.

Aadhya turned to look where this voice came from and it was Aditi. Aditi was one of a classmate of Aadhya back in high school.

Aditi came forward with her cold eyes without giving a glance to Aadhya.

"If it's made up of a special material then just give it to a special person. It might be some dumb who will be ready to pay you ₹300 for this pen." Aditi said and the shopkeeper stayed silent.

The shopkeeper became really afraid due to her cold looking eyes. Aditi rolled her eyes and picked up the set of pen to see it's price.

"It's clearly written here that this pen costs ₹10 and you were saying that it costs ₹20 only!! Do you think we are illiterate?" She said and the shopkeeper started sweating hardly.

"Pay it!" Aditi said turning her head on Aadhyas direction still not looking at her.

"Ugh.. what?" Aadhya asked and Aditi rolled her eyes.

"Do you want me to pay for you now?" She said abd Aadhya paid without any hesitation.

"Give me a long single ruled notebook." Aditi demanded and and shopkeeper nodded without meeting her eyes.

Aadhya paid for her pens and Aditi also paid for her notebook.

Without saying any word Aditi came out but was stopped by Aadhya outside the shop.