Chapter 10

After the show, I went back to my room and changed back into my purple t-shirt and black leggings, but I still kept my Iron-Man necklace on of course. I sat on the plain grey bed sheets and curled up into a ball. Talking about my father on a stage in front of so many people reopened a wound that still wasn't finished healing. I mean, if you were talking to a bunch of people who were apart of the race that killed your father wouldn't you be angry?

I know I say it like humans are a different species but that's because they are. No matter how much I would like to think that I'm human, I'm not. I'm a mutant.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in." I mumbled sitting up on my bed. Logan's head peeked through the door. He looked down awkwardly when he noticed my red cheeks and nose- as if I was crying. (which I was)

"I, uh, just wanted to let you know that training starts to tomorrow, and the games start in three days so you should get a good night's rest." Logan said.

"Thanks, Logan." I replied. He nodded and left my room. I climbed under the covers and let my mind drift off into a dreamless sleep.

—————-

The sun shined brightly through the window next to my head waking me up instantly. I found myself in a sprawled out position taking up almost every inch of the queen sized bed. I sat up in bed, and stretched dramatically. I jumped up and walked to the kitchen, seeing that Jace, Logan, and 'Estelle' were already awake.

"Morning." I said in the middle of a yawn. I sat down next to Jace at the breakfast bar in need of some food.

"You know training starts today, right?" Estelle commented while looking me up and down. I nodded and dug into the plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon sitting in front of me. The flavors were so different from what I was used to for breakfast- which was usually a piece of bread.

"Mm." I moaned as the first bite made my taste buds tingle. "I haven't a meal this good since before the games!"

Jace smiled at my happiness and finished his meal. "So, for training today you have to wear a," he paused to get up and rumage through a bag on the couch. "Catsuit." He completed.

"Uh-uh. There is no way in all of the section that I am wearing that." I replied pointing at it in disgust, and then folding my arms over my chest defiantly.

"You break rules, they kill your family."

I abandoned my tasty breakfast and bolted to the nearest bathroom to get ready, with the ugly catsuit.

After finally getting it on, I put my hair in a high ponytail and walked outside. "This is the most uncomfortable piece of clothing I have ever worn in my entire life." I stated in front of Jace.

Estelle put her hand in front of her mouth to stifle a laugh. "Well you look as uncomfortable as you feel." she spoke with a chuckle.

"Great." I mumbled under my breath. We walked to the elevator in silence.

Logan spoke up once we were crammed into the elevator. "Basement please."

"They keep the training room in the basement?" I asked.

He nodded. "Okay, Aria. Once you get down there, everyone will be in a large group facing the main trainer, Lola." I nodded. "She will announce the theme and stadium type and you will all pick weapons."

"What's the point in that when we have powers?"

"Well, if you have more than one mutation, they will take most of them away leaving you with your least powerful one."