Prologue

It poured.

Thick sheets of ice covered the grounds, the rain came down showing no sign of mercy as it made it impossible for me to see anything ahead. Trees were a blurred mess. I ran by, pushing through branches that stuck out, ducking under the larger ones, and barely catching myself as I tripped over the ones scattered on the wet ground. Luckily, I knew exactly where I was headed, the faint glow of my destination started to come in to view and the trees became one with the darkness from the sky.

A devilish grin crept up to my lips as I noticed the headlights of his car still followed me. Pushing my feet faster, I reached my destination and barged through the door that swung open and closed.

My feet sloshed as I carried them further into the abandoned warehouse. The floor was peppered with dirt revealing just how long it had been since this place was deserted, I hurried to move far away from the vehicle entrance and hid behind a large beat down pillar.

Immediately my hand went behind my back and into the waist band of my jeans, grabbing the gun I shoved there.

The wind howled and the thunder clapped like something from a dark movie, in fact it felt right in sync with everything that had occurred in my life up until this very moment and after knowing him.

Zion Emmerson.