Bonus Content: Nathaniel's Moment

Hey everyone!

Here's another bonus scene for all of you! Thank you for the overwhelmingly positive response on the previous bonus scene. You guys are amazing!

Before we dive into the scene an announcement: I'M PUBLISHING A BOOK. Not this one yet, but I hope that if I can manage to get this first book a success, I'll be able to publish Thicker Than Blood and it's sequels too. ^.^

It's called Beast Unburdened.

Check out more about this book here: robinoconnor.ink or follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RobinOConnorBooks

You can subscribe to my newsletter there which will let you know WHEN and WHAT I'll be publishing.

I hope you guys check it out and maybe leave a review or put the new book on your to read list somewhere ;-).

*

Now the bonus scene:

"NO!" screamed Gwen at the top of her tiny little lungs. She was standing in the middle of my bed wearing only an old shirt of Amelia. On my babai it was like a nightgown and hung all the way to her chubby knees.

With her auburn hair in pigtails and a feigned angry look on her face she was trying her hardest to look fierce, just like her momma. She could however not hide the mischief in her gray eyes and I knew she was planning to draw out getting dressed as long as possible.

She was too empathic for her own good, that one, and she hated dressing up nice if Ly wasn't around to see it. With her great-granddad coming over however, there was no getting out of this, so I had to harden my heart to her antics.

"You know you have to babai ur," I murmured softly, trying to entice her I held up the little yellow dress. "I'll take a picture so you can show Lyly, how's that?" Her eyes glittered and for a moment I thought I had her, then she pouted. "NO! I don't care, I'm not wearing a stupid dress papa."

"Need help sweetheart?" Amelia's highly amused voice sounded in my head and I suppressed a groan. How did she always get this done so quickly? "No, if you can do this, it can't be that hard." I heard her laughter echo in my head and I couldn't stop myself from sending her a mental kiss, her amusement was one of the most beautiful things in the world.

"Come on Gwen, it's only for an hour, you can't see Eya in your nightclothes, don't you wanna see Eya?" I tried valiantly one last time but I could see that it would be useless. Indeed the little devil just plopped her butt down and crossed her arms. "NO!"

Having had enough of this, I snagged my baby girl with my telekinesis by the feet and turned her upside down in the air. "No? Are you certain?" I purposely made my voice go deathly serious and I saw her stiffen in surprise. Then a high peel of beautiful laughter gurgled out of her and her eyes lit up with her mirth. "Super certain papa!"

"Alright, I see I have no other choice," I dramatically pressed a hand to my heart while I floated her towards me. "I'll just have to put it on you myself." And under the accompaniment of Gwen's hysterical laughter I proceeded to strip her nightclothes off her, followed by a quick dunk under the shower and a hot blast of air to dry her.

She was still giggling when I deposited her at my feet in a naked but clean heap. I crossed my arms and frowned at her, trying to look stern, something I had no issue with usually but was somehow nearly impossible with my babai.

"Now you put it on or I will babai ur, you may decide," I said in my most stern and reserved tone of voice. Since she no doubt sensed that there was no real anger or threat behind my words, my heart too soft when it came to her, she giggled again. "You do it papa, or it's going to take forever."

Throwing herself backward she sprawled on the floor, "I'm not moving ever again. I'll stay here forever." She sighed dramatically while draping one arm over her eyes, then spoiled the image by peeking at me from underneath.

"Is that so? You leave me no choice little daughter," I knew I had sounded amused this time and this would only encourage her to do it again. But then, nobody could hide what they felt from Gwen and nobody ever truly seemed to want to do so either.

"Yes, you are right papa, there is no other option than to leave me here," Gwen concurred whole-heartedly, the little minx.

I swung her up in the air again and spun her around, then like a puppet I set her on her feet and had her dress herself. She was squealing as I did this, throwing out objections and calling me a cheater while I said: "Oh babai, how nice of you to change your mind."

Once fully dressed I released her from my telekinesis and she ceased her protests to pout at me. I picked her up in my arms and balanced her on my hip, even though she was at five starting to get a little old to be carried around. "Ready to see your grandpa you little monster?"

She nodded, "I like it when you dress me papa. You think Eya has a gift for me? I like his gifts."

I groaned inwardly, "You're getting too old for me to dress you Gwen. You're a big girl already... Eya may or may not have a gift, but it's nice that he visits regardless tuguim?"

"I understand papa, I'll walk myself. Can I slide down the stairs in the hall?" she pulled out of my arms to run to the door.

I laughed, "Of course babai ur."

*

Hope you liked this daddy moment for Nathaniel ;-)

Also, you might have noticed I picked the name Gwen for their daughter. Back when, I asked people to submit name suggestions and many if you send in one variation or another on the Gwen theme (Gwennyth, Gwendolyn, Gwenvaëlle). So I settled for the short name for now ;-)

Much love,

Robin