The Ark? Wait , no

"The Ark? Wait , no that's stupid" Jimmy frowns , crossing out the name of his ridiculously long list. "Its a religious meta-" "Jimjam" Rowan chuckles , his sleek eyebrow arching upwards "We get that you like your Jesus fanfic but like...." Rowan looks at me with his big brown eyes , urging me to continue. "Uh , well its a bit niche innit mate. It'd make sense if one of us was called Noah but..." I trail off , because Jimmy has sized control of my potentional band names list and has began laughing uncontrollably. "Jimmy and the Neutrons?" I shrug. Sounded good at the time. "Hay , be glad Lister and the Red Dwarf's didn't make the cut" At this , Rowen began to laugh , and soon the bleak music room became a hub of happiness. It had been like this since I became friends with the boys in year 9. I hadn't planned to make friends at St Thomas West Comprehensive School . The original plan was to stay unapproachable;  start fights , spread rumours etc etc. Nobody was supposed to know me. The real me. I'd finish school friendless and then... Well , that was it. The job prospects of a poor kid from my estate was a job at TESCO or a drug dealer , neither of which particularly appealed to me. So , I was a loner. A freak. That was fine by me. Then I meet the boys. My boys. Our boys. Rowan Ormondi , handsome and rocking that geek chic thing better then anyone. Jimmy Kaga Ricci , the coolest kid I had ever met. Attractive in that unobtainable way , and always wearing that wonderful grin. Despite it all , Jimmy never stopped smiling. I never thought I'd find somebody like them. Me , the screwed up kid from the council estate , worthy of their friendship. "How about" Rowan grinned , his hazel eyes lighting up with electricity. "Rowan and the rats?" Jimmy sends him the bird , our friendly expertise of communication. "Are you calling me a rat?" "Hay!" Rowan says , his eyes flickering into mischief. "If it worked for the Boomtown Rats then..." Jimmy slaps him lightly on the shoulder, and the room descends into laughter. Just like it should be.