𝟙 ❥ Would anyone care ? ❥

Author POV

Author POV

Jeanette had just left Athanasia after wishing her luck on her mission to free her father from the dark magic. Standing in the middle of the garden with her hands clasped, she hoped with all her heart that her cousin would be okay.
"I pray that you come back safe and sound Athanasia."

𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘

Back at the Alpheus mansion, it was already dark, she went straight to her room but she came across Izekiel who looked worried.

"Jeanette? Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yes..." she answers in a small voice

"I saw that you spoke to Princess Athanasia...Is she okay? What did you say to her?"

Athanasia. Obviously, he was worried about her. He told her that she was his first priority after all. Well, everyone's priority it seems. At least he asked her if she was okay even if it was just to be polite.

"I didn't tell her anything. She was just a little worried about her dad, but she said she'd be fine." she forced a smile.

"I see."

"Well, if you don't need anything else then I'll retire to my room."

She left without saying a word, not even a good night. Once in her room, she sat down on her bed with her head down.

Jeanette POV

"I hope that Athy will heal her father..."
It is after whispering these words that a thought came to my mind if my cousin succeeds in her mission everything will be fine for her, she will live happily in the palace with her father and all that he loves ,she will become the next empress that everyone admires but I will be excluded from all that. Even if I love Athy, I still felt very alone. As if I didn't belong...

"But if it's my destiny to be alone then I will accept it, it's not like I have a choice..."

I couldn't do anything about it, I'm not as strong as the brave princess Athanasia, the one who was gifted in magic, I was nothing compared to her. I couldn't help but wonder if I would have had people who really loved me if I were more like Athanasia, if I hadn't been made of black magic. Because that was all I was ,a chimera ,a creature destined to hurt those around her. I should be alone for the sake of others. Without realizing it, tears slipped silently down my cheeks, knowing that I would never have the happy family that I wanted so badly.

"Happiness is not for me it seems" I make a sad smile.

I began to wonder how others would feel if I disappeared. Would they be sad, worried, afraid for me? Would they look for me and not give up? Part of me wants to maintain the illusion that they will do everything to find me, but another part of me tells me that it won't affect them. As long as Athanasia is with them everything will be fine, they didn't need me.

Nobody needs me.

At this thought my tears only redoubled and I quickly wiped them away.
"Stop crying, Jeanette! You can't cry, Athy is suffering the most right now. You don't have the right to be so selfish!" I said to myself.

Author POV

Even after she calmed down, the negative thoughts that invaded her mind kept tormenting her. Did no one care about her? She turned her gaze to the wide open window and watched the moon. After gazing at it for several minutes, she gently closed her eyes and began to sing.
(Play the song - Stop at 2:22)
Would anyone notice
If tonight I disappeared?
Would anyone chase me
And say the words that I need to hear?

That I'm no burden
Not so worthless
Bent so much that I just might break
All-consuming
So confusing
The questions that keep me awake

Would anyone care, would anyone cry
If I finally stepped off of this ledge tonight?
Would anything change, would you all be just fine?
'Cause I need a reason to not throw the fight
It just might save my life

The tears wouldn't stop flowing but she continued to sing. She expressed all the emotions that weighed on her heart through this song.She sang of her
sadness.

Would anyone want me
If they knew what was inside my head?
Would anyone see me
For the person that I really am?

I won't lie
So hard to hide
I've never felt worthy of love
I would give up
Everything I have
Just to feel good enough

Would anyone care, would anyone cry
If I finally stepped off of this ledge tonight?
Would anything change, would you all be just fine?
'Cause I need a reason to not throw the fight
It just might save my life...

Would anyone...care ? She lets out a deep sigh.

"Honestly, I don't know..."

She lay back on her bed, burying her head in the pillow. She burst into tears. She cried for a long time before falling asleep, exhausted from crying so much. The traces of her tears were still visible on her cheeks.

𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘⍟𖣘

Unbeknownst to her, a shining spirit had heard her song of distress and could sense the young brunette's deep sadness.

"Your song made me cry....I can't stand this anymore! It is time for me to intervene!" the spirit says.

As if they agreed with him, the stars began to shine brighter. Their flashes directed at the place where the brown-haired girl was. As if they were trying to comfort her.

"You are not alone" they wanted to tell her.

If only she could look up to them and hear them...

🄵🅄🄽 🄵🄰🄲🅃🅂 :ꕤ The spirits light are not allowed to interfere with humans life

🄵🅄🄽 🄵🄰🄲🅃🅂 :
ꕤ The spirits light are not allowed to interfere with humans life. He can do small thing, but nothing that can have consequences.
ꕤ But our little spirit can't stand Jeanette's suffering. They are relied, after all. Her pain is his pain.
ꕤ The light spirit is connected to the stars. They can talk to each other.
ꕤ You'll know the spirit name in the next chapter.
ꕤ My heart broke while writing this ! 😭