I'm Just a Kid

"Oh shit! Ben, RUN!" Doug looked behind them. Ben turned his head to see a horde of walkers close behind them. Neither of them had weaponry, and everyone else was either at the motor inn or the dairy that they were coming from, so running was the only option. Ben turned back around and started to run. Luckily, they weren't too far from the motor inn at this point. Doug was frantically trying to hold on to the biscuits they had been given by Brenda St. John, the woman who ran the dairy.

"Doug! Screw the biscuits! Run, dammit!"

"We need food!" When they reached the motor inn, Kenny and Lilly quickly got the gate opened. "Hey y'all! We got biscuits!" Doug panted. Ben was panting hard. He coughed and his vision blurred. He fell. "Shit! Rosie! Rosie, someone's sick!" Ben caught sight of a shock of brown hair and bright blue eyes before blacking out.

***

When he woke up, he was inside one of the rooms. He sat up and put his hand to his head. "Oww...what the hell?"

"Take it easy. You passed out." a voice said. He opened his eyes to see a girl standing at the foot of the bed. "You're dehydrated." She handed him a bottle of water. "Drink this."

He took it. "Are you the doctor?"

"No, I just help the people who get sick, while Katjaa deals with more physical injuries. I haven't really properly introduced myself, I'm Rosie. It's Ben, right?"

"Ben Paul."

"Well, Ben Paul, I think you should eat something." She held out one of the biscuits.

He pushed her hand away. "No, I'm fine. Save that for someone else."

"When was the last time you ate?"

"I don't know. A couple days ago, maybe?" He turned away from her eyes. They were icy blue, and lacking compassion. Frightening, even.

"Hey." She put her hand on his shoulder. "Eat the damn biscuit. You need food."

He took it. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Keep your strength up. Plus, Doug ate like half of them. We need everyone else to eat them too." She started to leave. "By the way, the three of us, me, you, and Doug, are the only ones still here. Everyone else is at the dairy. If you need anything or you start to feel weak again, come find me. I'll either be in my room next door or down in the parking lot. See ya." She exited. Ben looked at the biscuit. He wasn't hungry, but...his stomach growled. Actually, he was.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: YAYYYYYYY HERE IT IS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had so much trouble writing this, but Sunnie was rushing me of course, as usual. Love that girl, even though she's nutsssssss. Luv ya Sunnie<3 So I love Ben, every time I look at him I see myself. I'd make all the same mistakes as him. Plus, Ben Paul is cute. Your argument is invalid. Screw anyone who disagrees. You are irrelevant peasants. So bye. See ya next time

~BooXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO