A Minor Hiccup

Teams RWBY, JNPR, and Y/N all sit in Professor Port's classroom, listening to their teacher spew another story about his life as a huntsman. By this point to his students, his words had started to sound more like BLAH BLAH BLAH though. As Port continues talking, Jaune slides closer to Weiss in an attempt to make a move on the heiress.

Jaune: So Weiss. you know uh, I was thinking that after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?

Jaune turns to the front before quickly turning back to Weiss.

Jaune: And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie if you want to make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. And... then maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm a, you know...

[ALARM SOUNDS]

Port: And then I- oh, uh, timed that one wrong I guess.  Well, the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time. 

With that, the majority of students begin to take their leave, including Weiss.

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: (while walking) No, no, no, yes. 

Jaune: *sighs* 

Ruby, Blake, Yang and Y/N all make their way past Jaune: 

Yang: (taps Jaune's back) One day. 

RWBY DORM

The Team can be seen all in new clothing for the most part except Y/N who still sport his old leather jacket and jeans. 

Blake: I thought that class would never end. 

Ruby: Alright guys, today's the day. The investigation begins!

Ruby jumps off her bunk bed startling Weiss. 

Weiss: I'm glad to see that we are taking this so seriously. 

Yang: Hey! We've got a plan. That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right, everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies, or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem. 

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning. 

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard. 

Y/N: I'll be going along with Yang to make sure that the 'getting information' side doesn't get too out of hand and the nightclub gets blown up... again. 

Yang: Hey that wasn't my fault. 

Y/N: Sure... either way I am coming along to make sure that it doesn't happen again. 

Ruby: Great, we'll meet up tonight near Yang and Y/N to go over what we've found. Let's do this! 

???: Yeah!

They all look over to the source of the noise only to see Sun hanging upside down from his tail looking in through the window, causing all of them to move back in shock. 

Blake: Sun!

Yang: How did you get up there? 

Sun: Ah, it's easy. I do it all the time. 

Y/N: Jeez. Perv. 

Weiss: You do what?! 

Sun: No not like that! I climb trees all the time! 

Y/N: Okay good... statement rescinded. 

Sun: Thanks. (flips into the room) So... are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy? 

Blake: WE, are going to investigate the situation. As a team. 

Ruby: Sorry Sun, we don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to. 

Sun: Pfft, that's dumb. You should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune. 

They all quickly look out of the window to see Neptune standing precariously on a small edge. 

Neptune: 'Sup. 

Ruby: How did you even get up here? 

Neptune: I have my ways. Seriously though, can I come in. We're like, really high up right now. 

Y/N: Yeah man. Just come a little closer and I'll help you in. 

BACK INSIDE 

Ruby: All right. I'll go with Weiss. Sun, you can go with Blake. And, Neptune you can go with Yang and Y/N. 

Neptune gets pushed over to the pair by Ruby, giving Weiss a wink as he passes her. 

Ruby: Everyone good? 

Weiss: Actually Ruby, why don't you go with Yang, ha. After all she is your sister. 

Ruby: But Weiss, who would go with you then? 

Weiss: Well, I guess Neptune could come with me. 

Ruby: *laughing* Nah. 

Ruby then begins to drag Weiss away out the door. 

Weiss: But! But! 

The two disappear around the corner. 

FADES TO BLACK