Epilogue

We are rulers. For many years, we have watched the children of the night, protecting, guiding them.

We are Patronis noctis. Protectors of the Night.

Our children are alpha males or females, ruling one pack and watching the continent they were given.

Carter Dimitri, is our oldest, ruling the Blood Moon pack, also protecting Africa. Born the day before me, he's my favorite child. He's 200 years old.

Ajax Bradley is the oldest middle child, ruling Nightshade, as Mason had done before, as his ancestors had countless generations before, ruling North America. Masons favorite child. Ajax is 196.

Kayla Anne, true to me, watches and studies people, protecting Antarctica, where she can be free to roam and romp happily without humans. Kayla is 190.

Jake Declan, our trouble maker, with Chase Asher, his identical twin brother, our shy guy, protects the packs of the Central and South America. Chase is more Central and Caribbean, but I doubt there is wolf packs in the islands. Ninety eight percent of the islands are uninhibited by humans. Jake protects the South, but the twins work together on a lot of things. They turn 187 in a few months.

Alex Maria, my youngest daughter rules Death Shade pack, along with all of Asia. Alex is 180.

Danny, the one we adopted so many years ago, is our most loyal, our second in command, watches Europe. True to his word, he has never once mistreated his mate or gone back on his word. 205 years old.

Each guard the seven continents.

We have never been forgotten; nor will we be. Watching and ruling, tried and true, just and fair.

We are Patronis noctis.

Protectors of the night.

We do not sit on chairs made of feathers, no, instead we go to every continent. In January, we visit Africa. February is North America's. March is Central and South America. April is Antarctica. May is Africa. June is Asia. July, the last month is Europe.

We come to the content, as a 'rouge' in each territory, to see if a pack is worth our time.

If the pack is gracious and welcoming, then they become prosperous and happy.

If the opposite happens, the severity can range from the Alpha or the Luna dying, to the pack crumbling to dust.

We make decisions regarding the werewolf community and enforce them.

We extend our protection to humans that know about our existence.

They are solis filiis, the sun children. As we are children of the moon, the humans that know about us are children of the sun.

We do not discriminate. If you need help, we will answer.

Even if you are human.

We are Patronis Noctis.

"Mom." Carter says, shaking me awake. For the past 200 years he's been alive, he always knows were I'm at.

Must've fallen asleep in the library again.

"What?"

"You fell asleep."

"Thanks captain obvious."

I slam the book I was reading, The History Of Werewolves shut, placing it back on the shelf.

"Dad is looking for you."

"Tell him I'll be there in a minute."

He nods walking out, and I follow.

"Jessica! Baby! Darling." He gives me a long embrace, kissing the crown of my head.