Epilogue

7 YEARS LATER

MIA

This heat wave is killing me. I huff to myself as I finally bang close the front door and head to the kitchen to put down all my shopping bags, giving my back a little rub as I do, those bags were way too heavy! I quickly crank up the aircon to the most arctic conditions it will go too before I start to unpack all the food away. As soon as the last item goes in the fridge my phone goes off and I grin when I see who's calling.

"Sup babe!" Caleb smirks as I answer.

"Hey stranger, how's it going?" I smile back as I slump into a chair to get comfy.

"Yeah good, you wanna see today's class room? Hey kids say Hiiiiyyyaaaaa Miiiiaaaa!" Caleb shouts enthusiastically and spins his phone around to the large group of children in the middle of playing a soccer game. I can't help but giggle when the beautiful group of Ghanaian children run towards the phone smiling at me screaming "Hiiiiyyyaaaaa Miiiiaaaa." and I wave back to them enthusiastically before they run off to play.

Caleb went out to Africa two years ago wanting to teach sports in schools over there. He moved around a lot at first, but for the last seven months he's been placed in Ghana and he has fallen for the place and the people hard.

"Where's my shit head brother, tell him to call me back or I'll keep texting him pics of my ass," Caleb chuckles.

"Shh, the kids will hear you!" I reprimand him, slightly alarmed that they will hear his swearing.

"Nahh, they're down the bottom of the field now we're all good." Caleb laughs. "Listen I've gotta go, I just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on. Are you feeling OK? Or still sick?"

"Yeah i'm good, defo feeling more human these last few weeks, but the heat is killing me!"

"Try living in Ghana Collins, you're moaning to the wrong person! Well good, glad you're doing better. Tell that pussy brother of mine to call me! Right, I'm off, love ya!" Caleb blows me a kiss before ending the call and I shake my head laughing at him.

I stay slumped on the sofa for a few minutes more trying to decide if I should take a cool off shower or just crack on with my latest painting that is already behind schedule to complete. As I sit there I start to look over the wall opposite that's full of photos and lean back to look them over with a small smile on my face as my eyes scan each one.

Ethan and I at my prom, A group photo of me and my roommates (now my best friends!) during my first year at Stanford, our college graduation days, family dinners and Christmases, our first apartment me and Ethan rented together, the surf trip to Hawaii a few years back and so many more amazing moments over the last seven years of our time together. However, the last photo is of me and Ethan when we first learnt to surf when we were kids, it's Ethans favourite one from our childhood so I got my mum to post it to us.

As I push myself off the sofa I can't help but feel excited about our next adventure but I'm still way too hot and bothered to get back to work so I decide so I strip off and go get a quick shower. Once I dry off I opt just to put one of Ethans light and airy shirts that comes about mid thigh on me and roll back the sleeves.

I head down to the spare room where my art supplies are all set up and get to work on my painting before Ethan gets home and distracts me. He likes to distract me a lot and often, not that I mind.

I've barely added any new elements to my piece when I hear the front door bang shut and hear Ethans familiar heavy footsteps making their way to my studio. It doesn't take long before my sexy man is standing in the doorway with his signature smirk on his face that still makes my knees go weak.