Chapter 110

Therapy

"So... Who would like to start?"

It felt like Ivy had done something bad and was now being interrogated about it. But maybe it was because Dr. Raynors had decided to hold this session in an interrogation room. It really wasn't the best place to hold a therapy session, especially after all that had happened in the last few days. Ivy tried not to shift too much in her chair as she placed her hands under her thighs to keep from fumbling too much with her them. She felt Bucky's hand squeeze her thigh and looked to her right to see him staring in Dr. Raynor's direction, who was sitting across the table from them. It was really no surprise to Ivy by now that she had to sit between Sam and Bucky once again.

"All right, look, Dr. Raynor? I get it, why you want me to talk to Freaky Magoo and Miss stabby stab stab over here. But I'm 100% fine" Sam broke the silence and gave the couple a few nicknames that the two didn't seem to like. It was very easy to tell by the looks the two were throwing in his direction. "It is my job to make sure that you're okay. And so, yeah, this may be slightly unprofessional," Ivy coughed on purpose at the part, which made Bucky stifle a smile. "- but it's the only way that I can see if you're getting over whatever's eating at you," Dr. Raynors finished her sentence, despite the small interruption. She gave Ivy a meaningful look, which she shook off with a small innocent smile.

"This is ridiculous," Sam replied, and probably for the first time, all three agreed. "Yeah. I agree" Bucky muttered while Ivy nodded "Till now the only  sentence that actually made sense" she muttered, clasping her hands in front of her chest as she leaned a little deeper into her chair. "See? Making progress already. So, who wants to go first?" asked Dr. Raynors, but no one said anything or made any sign of wanting to say anything. "No volunteers? Wow. How surprising." Ivy and Bucky gave each other an amused look that Dr. Raynors didn't find funny at all. "Okay. We're going to do an exercise. It's something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together. Are you familiar with the miracle question?" she asked, and the trio looked at her either confused or with furrowed brows.

"Absolutely not."

"Of course not."

"Why do I have to be here for this when it's a couples exercise and there's already a couple sitting right in front of you?" grumbled Sam, hoping to escape from this session. "You're here because the problem involves all three of you" Dr. Raynors didn't seem to intend to let him get out of here, which also left Sam offended sink more into his chair. "And it goes like this. Suppose that while you're sleeping, a miracle occurs. When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see that would make your life better?"

"In my miracle, he would... he would talk less" Bucky pointed to Sam and he turned to him indignantly. "Exactly what I was gonna say. Isn't that ironic?" he asked sarcastically, to which Bucky smiled sarcastically at him. "I'd be a unicorn" muttered Ivy from the middle, causing the two to look at her in confusion and amusement. "Why?" asked Sam, confused, and Ivy shrugged. "I could stab people with my horn if they got on my nerves." Bucky next to her tried not to laugh, while Sam looked at her distraught. "Dude, in my next life, I'm not going to be friends with you. You scare me" Sam said, which made Ivy smile smoothly at him.

"You guys are leaving me with no choice. It's time for the soul-gazing exercise" said Dr. Raynors, who had been watching the whole thing with daring eyes probably noticing that none of the three were even trying to make an effort. "I like this one better" said Bucky sarcastically, his face mirroring his tone. "Oh, God. He's gonna love this" Sam muttered annoyed and Ivy smiled to herself in amusement. "Yeah, I'm ready and are you?" Bucky asked Ivy who just smiled at him in amusement as she couldn't take his fake motivation seriously right now. "This is right up your alley" said Sam and Dr. Raynors cleared her throat a little annoyed. The three of them were acting worse than little kids right now. "Turn around. Face each other" said the therapist while the trio or rather Sam and Bucky were still talking.