The Disappearance

Harry walked out of Umbridge's office calmly, leaving her body slumped against the desk. He felt a little zoned out, like his mind was moving at a glacial pace. Maybe it had something to do with being fucking possessed and killing your evil defence teacher.

"Harry?"

Hermione.

She was standing staring at him. He hadn't realised that he'd stopped a few feet outside Umbridge's office.

The door was open.

"What are you doing?" she asked tentatively.

Harry shrugged, "Just had detention."

Idiot!

"Now she knows you were in there Harry. Would you like me to kill her too?"

"No! No more killing!"

The voice disappeared.

"We'll can I get past?" Hermione said, stepping closer, "You're blocking the way. Unless..." she paused, "you want to talk?"

Harry sighed, "Can't you go another way?"

Hermione frowned, "What're you talking about?"

This was so bad.

"I mean..." Harry cringed, "I just..."

Nothing. Zero excuses were coming to his mind.

"I need to patrol down there," Hermione said pointing past Harry. "If I could just-"

She walked past him, Harry froze and wished desperately that she didn't look inside Umbridge's office.

Hermione screamed.

Of course she did.

"Harry! She's dead!" Hermione yelled, "Oh my gosh! She's dead!"

She turned to face Harry, her face full of fear, "Was this... was this you?" she asked. "Did you kill her?"

"Not exactly."

Fucking hell.

"You have no tact. You simply could've said 'No'. I set it up so that it looked as though the Umbridge woman had a heart attack."

Hermione took a step away from Harry, "Not exactly? What's that supposed to mean?"

Harry sighed, "What do want to hear Hermione?"

He was sick of this now. And he was still angry at Hermione. If she wanted him to be evil, if she thought he was going to the dark side, then he'd show her what she wanted to see.

"Do you want to hear how much I hated her?" Harry asked softly, moving closer to Hermione, "How I killed her like that." He clicked his fingers in her face, making Hermione flinch. Harry laughed,
"Maybe I did exactly that. Maybe I didn't."

Hermione stared at him in horror before running past him. Running the way to Dumbledore's office.

Shit.

"Hermione," Harry called in a singsong voice, "Hermione..."

"Get away from me Harry!" she screamed.

Harry ran after her, through corridors and past classrooms, until he turned a corner to see Hermione banging furiously on the Gargoyle that guarded Dumbledore's door.

"Let me in!" she yelled. "Please! Help!"

"Stop this," Harry said, a bit of the voice leaking into his tone.

Hermione stopped, staring at him in fear.

"Or I'll make you stop," the voice said through Harry, the transition seamless.