02

holy shit they updated the my works create thing! it was so good having something stay the same. smh, wattpad smh. it reminds me of widbook or w.e that weird looking one is. oh well.

this is chapter two! so far through my writing i think maybe 3 or 4 is my fave chapter. enjoy!

02 -

alice

I felt more alive than anything I'd ever experienced! Here I was in a school! A real school! Nana had always told me they would never be like the books, but she was so wrong. It had only been half a day, but I could already tell that The Beatles Academy for the Young and Gifted was perfect in every way possible. I'd met so many nice people!

There was this girl, Jasmine, that gave me her number so I could call her. She wanted to keep in touch! Man, life as a highschooler was riveting.

I grabbed my lunch from my first locker ever! It was Yellow, and had the words "Submarine" on the bottom. It was so cute. I hooked the lock into the locker and closed it, turning it to 0.

I was positive nothing could ruin the high I was on. I knew I shouldn't have had a bowl of sugar for breakfast, but I was trying to be awake all day. It would backfire, because I normally wasn't so pep, but it was fine for that day.

I walked down the silent halls, until I began hearing quiet chattering. It grew louder as I got closer. It was coming from the cafeteria. I entered, and looked for a place to sit. It seemed every seat was taken by someone who was friends with someone. I looked for Jasmine, but she was sitting with a group of boys. I sighed. Suddenly, my eyes caught an almost empty table. I walked up to it, and saw the kid from earlier.

"River?" I called.

"That's not my fucking name," he sneered, not caring who it was that said it. I would have scolded him for his language, but instead I laughed.

"Then what is your name?" I asked, sitting down across from him. I unzipped my lunch box, peaking inside the contents. My Nana had packed it for me.

"Ash. Call me River again and you'll regret it."

"You look lonely," I commented, unwrapping my sandwich. It was ham and cheese with tomato and lettuce, just the way I liked it. He didn't reply. "Are you ignoring me now?" I asked, a smile tugging at my lips.

He moved his beans around his plate, and shoved the plate aside, taking out his phone. His hair covered his face very well. I still wasn't sure what he looked like. His hood was up on his dark gray jacket.

"Ash?" I sighed, placing my hands on my hips. "Ash? Are you ignoring me?" I asked again. He didn't say anything. He slid his headphones in, and noticeably turned the volume of his phone up louder. I stood, and tapped him on the shoulder with my index finger. "River?" Suddenly, he grabbed my finger, twisted it around, causing me to turn with it, and slammed me against the table, grabbing my wrist. I gasped, eyes widening and filling with tears. He stood, looked at me fiercely."What did I say would happen, kid? Why couldn't you have just left me alone? Why did you call me River when I asked you not to?" he yelled, gripping my wrist harshly.

Even though I didn't want it to, a tear slipped down my cheek. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but he held my wrist, pressing me against the side of the table. The cafeteria hushed. "Fuck off!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I repeated. He let my wrist go, leaned closer to my ear, and whispered, "Don't ever do it again," I ran out of the cafeteria, sobbing, leaving my lunch behind.